Join a team whose passion is to make the world a safer place. Raytheon’s Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is an innovator and provider of the AESA Radar Systems which enable the war fighter’s edge. The Systems Engineering Integration & Test (SEIT) Center is seeking a recognized technical leader committed to creating innovative and cost-effective system security solutions for our radar systems.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is seeking a talented systems engineer to join the Secure Systems Department, Systems Integrity Response Team (SIRT), as a Sr. Principal Security Systems Engineer (SSE). This department provides a wide range System Security Engineering services and products to its customers. This position is within a technical growth area; we are looking for individuals willing to apply their engineering knowledge to perform test data analysis for complex systems that implement anti-tamper, cyber security, software assurance, supply chain exploitation, and threat and design vulnerability analysis. The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter with an experience in Engineering (system, software, mechanical and/or embedded).
The candidate will develop technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of detailed analysis and investigation, ingenuity and creativity without appreciable direction. The SSE will interact with senior personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations. The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter with an experience in Engineering (system, software, mechanical and/or embedded), and demonstrated ability to exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment.
These activities include:
- Analyzing test data, performing root cause analysis
- Develop solutions to complex problems
- Applying System Engineering disciplines to the domains of Program Protection
- Analyzing system requirements and design of new systems in order to define/refine test plans and procedures
- Coordinating, developing and delivering technical presentations and written reports to both internal and external customers
- Participating in technical reviews throughout the product lifecycle, including design, development, integration and test, production, and sustainment
- Conducting or participating in customer and/or program technical reviews
- Interfacing with Program management, team lead, team members, and other teams (SW and HW) on a daily basis
- Leading and mentoring less experienced engineers
- Providing task progress status updates and work products to the team lead
**U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment**Required Skills:
- Minimum of 10 years of Systems Engineering or equivalent Engineering experience (embedded software and/or hardware)
- Demonstrated proficiency in analytical skills
- Experience interfacing with senior program and functional management
- Ability to engage effectively with multidisciplinary teams of system design professionals including electrical, mechanical, software and logistics engineers
- Familiarity with requirements development, analysis, derivations, verification and/or validation
- Active Secret Security clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
Required Education:Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science or Mathematics.
- Demonstrated, working knowledge with Program Protection, NIST/RMF process, Anti-tamper, Supply Chain and/or Risk Management Software Assurance
- Experience with GPS and navigation techniques
- Experience with defining requirements for complex multi-processors for real-time systems
- Familiarity with Earned Value Management System (EVMS), Microsoft Project, requirements analysis tools (e.g., DOORS) and peer review products
- Qualified Six Sigma Specialist
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Existing SAP/SAR clearance
- Familiarity with C and PERL
- Experience with real-time operating systems
- Experience with COTS secure products
Master’s Degree in Engineering, Science or Mathematics.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.