Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at an amazing facility in Indianapolis? Then join our Raytheon team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. Our facility in Indianapolis, IN offers amenities that create work and life balance. The Indianapolis site is a 973,000 square foot modernized facility that actually began building bombsights during WWII. On site we have a cafeteria plus a fun space with a pool table, foosball and ping pong. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Raytheon!
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is currently seeking a Systems Engineer in support of several Systems Engineering programs and efforts. The Systems Engineering applicant will participate in Systems Engineering development efforts. This position involves working in a team environment with responsibilities in all phases of Systems development including concept development, requirements, functional analysis, design reviews, implementation, test, verification and validation. Multiple positions are available with multiple skill sets in areas such as: Defense Avionics, Missile Systems, Radar and RF applications, Structures, embedded computing and networking.
Clearance Requirements: Ability to obtain a Secret Level security clearance
Location: IIS, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Perform systems engineering activities in support of on-going programs
- Work with external industry and Govt. stakeholders in the resolution of engineering systems issues
- Develop and maintain requirements for systems and subsystems
- Prepare for and conduct design reviews
- Work in an IPT in the development of defense equipment and products
- Work within and coordinate systems engineering activities across the customer, supplier and internal IPT
- Six (6+) years demonstrated experience in systems engineering, software engineering or related engineering discipline
- Knowledge of the following systems engineering functions:
-Requirements development and management
-Interface definition and control
-Integration and test to include test planning and procedure development
- Demonstrated understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle in support of software development, avionics systems development or sustainment activities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools, particularly Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
- Ability to obtain a Secret Level security clearance
- Experience with requirements management using DOORS or similar requirements management tool
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle models (waterfall and Agile) and program lifecycle modes
- Ability to the identify, manage, and mitigate technical risk
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and minimum of 6 years prior relevant experience.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.