Performs a wide variety of technical tasks in support of processes, engineering, quality control, calibration, laboratories, production/test environment, field operations, line maintenance and/or chemical handling. Tests, troubleshoots, repairs, maintains and installs a wide variety of electronic, electromechanical, mechanical, computer, laboratory and scientific systems and/or equipment. May assist in the development of procedures. Selects, sets up and operates engineering and scientific equipment. Observes, analyzes and reports test data; and when appropriate makes necessary repairs to equipment. Utilizes various engineering and scientific drawings, manuals and other related documentation in the performance of their tasks. May include configuration/data management. Checks for work correctness. May assist in directing work, assigning and outlining tasks.
- Job duties require excellent hand / finger dexterity and extreme attention to detail. Antenna Factory work requires assembly with use of a microscope.
- The successful candidate will have a demonstrated history being able to adhere to detailed work instructions and quality standards.
- The candidate must have basic computer and math skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, manage more than one job at a time and be flexible with the work as needed.
- Able to perform repetitive tasks in accordance with an established, proven process and to perform in-process inspection in accordance with company standards and customer specifications.
- Effective time management skills are a must.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Strong safety focus
- Solder experience to Military and/or ANSI/J standards is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Experience working in an electronics assembly factory or aerospace/defense manufacturing environment.
- Related experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of 6 Sigma/ Kaizen
- Positive attitude and teaming skills needed.
- Demonstrated drive for continuous improvement.
- A successful candidate would be able to accomplish daily work tasks with a minimum of supervision.
- Requires broad knowledge of operational systems and practices typically gained through extensive experience and/or education.
- High school diploma or GED
- 4 years of prior experience
- Vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.