Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Title: Systems Engineer SME - Technical Proposal Support
Location: US-US-CO-Colorado Springs
Job Number: 1077015
KBRwyle is seeking a dedicated, mission oriented, and experienced systems engineer to support technical proposal development. This person will provide systems engineering expertise in development of proposal strategies, solutions, and associated responses. Position is part time and hours will vary depending on current workload.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develops and applies advanced methods, theories and research techniques in investigation and solution of complex and difficult system design requirements and problems. Plans, conducts and technically directs projects or major phases of significant projects, coordinating the efforts of engineers and technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects. Conducts investigations of considerable complexity. Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects. Reviews completion and implementation of systems additions and/or enhancements and recommends corrections in technical application and analysis to management. Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services. May provide technical consultation for proposals and to other organizations; and work leadership for lower level employees. Excludes those with supervisory responsibilities.
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING
Master’s Degree in Engineering, related technical field, or equivalent experience. Requires 10
years of applicable complex systems engineering experience and 5
years technical proposal development experience.
• Extensive experience with Air Force C2 systems required
• Government sales/marketing experience a plus
• Demonstrated leadership/management experience
• Must possess excellent interpersonal, technical writing, and verbal skills
• Must be able to work in a fast pace team environment and assume multiple responsibilities
• Must be willing to travel extensively
• Active Secret clearance required with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
Job: Systems Engineering