KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Sr. Manager, Proposals
The Senior Manager, Proposals is responsible for leading proposal activities that support selling efforts consistent with the Company's strategic plan and business goals. Participates in all phases of the proposal process – from decision to pursue, through strategy development, production and performance analysis. Promotes and develops proposal processes and procedures to meet the needs of the organization and ensures compliance. Under broad direction, is accountable for the performance and results of multiple related disciplines or sub-groups that support proposal efforts. Provides leadership and direction to managers or professional staff. Facilitates development of functional strategy.
The primary responsibilities of the proposal manager encompass pursuit management activities throughout Middle and End Game. Specific examples, include:
- Analyzes customer documents, such as the Requests for Proposal (RFP), to determine response requirements.Establishes response outlines and schedules to ensure full compliance with directions.
- Plans, schedules, and oversees proposal efforts.
- Interacts with capture management teams to ensure proposal meets all RFP requirements.
- Establishes color reviews (e.g., Pink, Red, Gold Teams) to review proposal to ensure its integrity.
- Interviews customers before, during, and after proposal process; analyzes the information and reports findings to the Leadership Committee and proposal team(s).
- Trains proposal team members to ensure that RFP requirements, writing style needed, win strategy, etc. are being met for each bid.
- Compiles technical elements in the development of proposals in accordance with RFP specifications, coordinates the collection and accumulation of cost, scheduling and performance elements from functional departments.
- Coordinates activities and participates in fact-finding meetings.
- Participates as a member of the contract negotiating team.
- Compiles information from functional departments.
- Leads (or participates as team member of) proposal teams in support of proposal efforts.
- Writes sections of the proposal, including Management, Personnel, Executive Summaries, and/or other Volumes as assigned.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong project management experience and team facilitation skills.
- Extensive expertise and skills in the proposal process.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills.
- Superior organization and follow-through skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Excellent business acumen skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities and assignments.
- Ability to lead and work together as a team, either in a support role or as a project leader.
- Willingness to work overtime on short notice.
- Travel may be required.
- Secret Clearance with TS preferred
Primary Location: US-US-TX-Houston
Req ID: 1076925