General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Performs installation, maintenance and repair of telecommunications systems.
1. Installs, maintains and repairs voice, data and wireless communications systems.
2. Maintains telecommunications equipment and installs, rearranges and removes equipment and associated wiring.
3. Interprets service orders, circuit diagrams, and electrical schematics.
4. Tests, locates, and repairs equipment problems associated with trouble calls, and performs routine maintenance.
5. Verifies work order information and receipt of all necessary equipment and information.
6. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
3-5 years of related telecommunications experience.
Intermediate “hands on” work experience in support of installations, repair, and troubleshooting or maintenance of telecommunications systems or equipment. Must have the technical knowledge to solve complex problems, understand the interrelationships of circuits, and be able to exercise independent judgment in performing tasks in support of communications systems or equipment.
Intermediate experience in maintenance/troubleshooting telecommunications equipment as specified in the specified task order to include the following:
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
Must have switch certification on Nortel SL-100 or Meridian I/Succession 1000 family of switches and/or completed Avaya Professional Credential Program (Degree of certification will be identified in individual task order).
Must meet the certification requirement of DoD 8570.01-M, SPIN-C, or individual task order.