• SAIC is seeking a Technical Writer to serve within the Command, Control, Communications and Computers Enterprise Support (C4ES) team.
• Technical Writers in the C4ES team contribute in the development and validation of Information Technology (IT) documentation and publications.
• Candidate will participate in development, validation and delivery to customer of all documentation and publications with precise Military Standards followed.
• Additionally, the candidate will work alongside engineers, technicians,
logisticians, and the customer to develop documentation and publications through written and pictorial instructions.
• Documentation and publications developed for the C4ES project will include plans, policy, reports, checklists, wire diagrams, drawings, surveys and training curriculum.
• However, the candidate may also be tasked to develop, operator and maintainer level instructions, Technical Instructions (TIs), Technical Bulletins (TB), and Illustrated Parts Breakdowns (IPBs).
• The candidate’s work will comply with DoD standards and will be reviewed by the customer and company management.
• Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 6+ years of experience.
• Active Secret clearance is required, TS/SCI is preferred.
• Candidate must have experience in extrapolating source data specifically in the creation of IT content.
• Candidate must have excellent English written and verbal communication skills with proven capability in performance as a Technical Writer.
• Candidates must have excellent organizational skills and be able to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team by interfacing regularly with a wide range of Civilian and Military personnel.
• Candidate must demonstrate advance level of proficiency in Microsoft Office and specifically in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
• Candidate must demonstrate advance level of proficiency in Adobe Professional.
• All positions on this contract are considered deployable. Candidate must hold a valid U.S. passport and be willing to travel overseas in support of USCENTCOM mission requirements.
• Candidates who demonstrate intermediate level proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and MS SharePoint will be given prime consideration.
• Candidates with a degree in Information Technology (IT) or Journalism will be given prime consideration.
• ITIL Foundation V3 certification is highly desired.
• Candidates knowledgeable of current military writing standards to include; DoD Issuances, MIL-STD- 40051-1, MIL-STD-40051-2, MIL-STD-2361B, MIL-STD- 2361C, MIL-STD 38784, and MIL-HDBK-1222.