AR/Cash Applications Analyst
Job ID: 466810BR
Date posted: Jan. 09, 2019
Description:This Global Financial Services (GFS) professional accounting position performs Accounts Receivable payment analysis and application. Utilizing various reporting tools and banking information, this position is responsible for determining proper payment application by successfully interfacing with both internal Cash Management Solutions teams as well as Contract/ Program Finance. AR/Cash Applications Analyst is required to successfully resolve problem payment applications while also taking full responsibility for researching and resolving application discrepancies.
Duties include but are not limited to:
-Independently creating, and/or assisting, with the development of continuous application process efficiencies
-Creating and analyzing metrics data and identifying trends, anomalies and making appropriate recommendations
-Providing current status and analysis of payment application data to management and internal customers as requested
-Journal entry processing utilizing independent discretion to ensure proper accounting procedures
-Accurately review and make corrections to resolve any outstanding transactions
-Supporting audit requests
-Assisting with month-end closing preparation: analyze and review monthly payment totals and resolve any discrepancies
-Performing other analysis tasks as required
-Working successfully independently as well as in a team environment
Work location for this position is Lakeland, FL.
Previous experience in Accounting/Finance obtained through college coursework, internship or work experience
- Demonstrated intermediate level proficiency using Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Previous experience using Accounting software, systems and tools
- Demonstrated experience performing analytical and problem solving techniques
- Demonstrated experience performing research and evaluation of data and information
Previous experience or knowledge of general banking functions, methodologies and operations
- Strong understanding of Financial Accounting Principles
- Previous experience using SAP and/or other Accounts Receivable systems and tools
- Demonstrated experience applying effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience applying effective organization skills
- Proven detail orientation and dedicated work ethic
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and tasks
- Proven effective teaming and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative and self-manage if required
- Proven personal desire to continuously learn and grow
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: 4 yr and up College
Business Unit: ESS2100 ENTERPRISE BUSINESS SERVICES
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Finance
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80B-Friday off in 1st week with Flex hrs/day