Logistics Engineer / Orlando, FL
Job ID: 466650BR
Date posted: Jan. 09, 2019
Program: Fixed Wing
Description:-The employee will serve as a Sustainment Engineer on the Fixed Wing program, supporting Field Operations, requiring the ability to multi-task across multiple contracts with differing terms and conditions.
-Field Operations programs support multiple United States Air Force, Foreign Military Sales, and Direct Commercial Sales contracts.
-Duties include contract compliance monitoring, parts consumption and prediction analysis, repair database entry and analysis, retrofit database entry and analysis, NOR incorporation and review, daily interaction with Orlando and depot team, and various other logistical and analytical tasks.
-Qualified candidate will work across multiple contract types to include Firm Fixed Price, Time and Material, and Test and Evaluation contracts.
-The employee will be tasked with generating and interpreting many different reports both on a routine and repeatable basis and also on an ad hoc basis.
-The employee may be required to prepare DD250’s utilizing the Electronic Shipping System, ensure accurate and timely preparation, processing, distribution and retention of all reports and records.
-The successful candidate will work closely with other members of the Lockheed Martin Fixed Wing Target Depot at Robins, AFB and the Orlando based repair operations team to fulfill contractual obligations.
-The successful candidate will implement and support Lockheed Martin initiatives, programs and policies as directed.
-Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
-Orlando is a city in the Central Florida area. This region is a great place to live and to raise a family. Central Florida offers lots of attractive residential housing options.
-The Greater Orlando metropolitan area is the sixth largest metro area in the southeastern United States. The climate here is warm and sunny all year long for the most part.
-Orlando is home to the University of Central Florida (UCF), Walt Disney World, and SeaWorld.
Where can you get to from Orlando?
-Orlando is about an hour's drive from Cocoa Beach and the "space coast" to include NASA and the Kennedy Space Center.
-Tampa is about 1 and ¼ hours from Orlando.
-West Palm Beach is about 2.5 hours to the south and Jacksonville is about 2 hours to the northeast.
-Atlanta, GA is 6 hours to the northwest.
• Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a US Department of Defense Secret Clearance.
• Must have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University (preferably focused in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Economics, or Information Technology).
• Candidate must have a minimum of 2 years of professional experience.
• Must have logistics, depot operations or supply chain management experience (Department of Defense experience preferred).
• The employee must be able to respond to direction quickly and efficiently and work well with other team members, handle multiple tasks and provide logistical support for a multitude of different contracts.
• Able to communicate well with all levels of management and across various team disciplines, and with external suppliers.
• Be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Possess excellent organizational, prioritization, and problem solving skills.
• Possess strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
• Self-starter able to perform tasks with minimal supervision.
• Awareness and/or experience with International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
• Previous work experience in defense or similar industry.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS0385 MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Logistics
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day