Job ID: 466743BR
Date posted: Jan. 09, 2019
City: Littleton, Sunnyvale
State: California, Colorado
Description:Are you looking for a high-visibility role where you can help bring change to the culture of an established, high-performing organization? If the answer is yes, we want you to join the team.
As a Systems Engineer, you will be supporting the Central Systems Engineering Directorate on the initiative to strengthen Systems Fundamentals across all of Lockheed Martin Space. There are four pillars of this initiative - Systems Thinking, Systems Resources and Planning, Systems Career Development and Training, and Total Systems Integration.
In this role, you will:
• Promote a culture of change across Systems Engineering (SE) in LM Space and gain exposure across all LM Space Lines of Business (LOBs) and program areas
• Assess and develop standard SE job functions, assess and lead SE budgetary adequacy, collect and handle budgetary planning estimates, and coordinate across Central SE and LM Space programs
• Support new business capture efforts and be critical in ensuring the programs are implementing a consistent and reliable SE process
• Support ongoing Independent Review Board (IRB), Independent Review Team (IRT) and Baseline Review tasking as well as ad-hoc tasking as appropriate
• Travel to support program initiatives as needed
Typically has 14 - 20 years of professional experience.
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a closely related technical field with 10+ years' experience in Spacecraft or Missile Systems Engineering
• Planning Systems Engineering efforts [e.g., developing Budgets and Basis of Estimates (BOEs), Schedules, Work Break-Down Structure (WBS) Dictionary, Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP), etc.] and proven experience throughout the program life cycle
• Experience assessing programs as an independent reviewer
• Capture phase processes and Systems Reviews
• Microsoft Office tools (e.g., Excel, MS Project, etc.)
• DoD Secret clearance
• Chief Systems Engineer or Systems Engineering Manager/Leader
• Experience with the LM Space Systems Engineering process and command media
• Cost Management
• Strong communications skills with the ability to interact with customers at all levels
• Multiple program and LOB experience
• Experience as Independent Non-Advocacy Review (INAR) and Independent reviewer
• Project Management or Program Management Experience
• Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
• Ability to travel as needed to support initiatives
• TS/SCI clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2