Hardware, Electrical, Marine, Power System Engineer
Job ID: 466832BR
Date posted: Jan. 09, 2019
Description:Electrical/Marine Engineer to lead shipboard electrical power distribution system design and integration and testing for US Navy ships. Candidate must be familiar with the requirements of MIL-STD-1399, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-901E, MIL-STD-167, DDS310-1 and IEEE-45. Candidate must be familiar with the design and integration of ship service generators to switchboards and load centers, generator control systems, load shedding, Electrical Power One-line development, Electrical Load Analyses, Circuit Breaker Coordination Studies, UPS back up system lay-out and design and automated machinery control systems. Candidate must be able to lead, coordinate and facilitate interface discussions between equipment manufactures for shipboard power distribution system equipment as required. Tasks involve technical lead of electrical system design, integration and field support during all phases of ship design and deployment. Candidate will lead the ship electrical design for several ship designs and act as technical advisor to management and customers on engineering, design and technical research studies and applications. Candidate will be expected to work collaboratively in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) with engineers from other disciplines as well as representatives from manufacturing, quality, drafting and other program team members.
The Locale: Middle River is an unincorporated community in Baltimore County, Maryland located on the Chesapeake Bay. It is located 10 minutes from Downtown Baltimore, featuring the famous Inner Harbor, National Aquarium, and Fort McHenry – the birth place of the Star Spangled Banner. Amtrak and the Maryland Transit Administration’s MARC Train supply both regular and commuter rail service to Baltimore, Washington, DC and surrounding areas. The Middle River facility is less than an hour away from the Lockheed Martin Corporate offices in Bethesda, MD. Baltimore/Middle River is a centralized location on the eastern seaboard and the Lockheed Martin facility is located less than a mile from the Martin State Airport train station allowing for easy commuting to and from many locations on the east coast. Our facility houses an on-site gym, wellness center, and the Lockheed Martin Federal Credit Union. A one to four hour drive takes you to areas such as Washington, DC, Philadelphia, New York, as well as the Virginia/Maryland Eastern Shore, DelMarVa beaches, the Jersey shore, and West Virginia. Annapolis, Maryland, the state capital, is less than an hour away and while there a visit to the home of the United States Naval Academy or traveling the Baltimore and Annapolis bike/hiking trail is a must. Washington, DC is also within a 2 hour drive, featuring many of the national museums, monuments, and memorials as well as the renowned National Zoological Park. Due to the variety of topography, the state of Maryland is known as America In Miniature. This includes the beaches on the Eastern Shore to the marshlands to the mountains in Western Maryland. There are many activities to participate in including hiking/biking trails, league sports, white water rafting, fishing, skiing/snowboarding to name a few.
• A degree in Electrical Engineering, Marine Engineering or closely related technical field considered a plus.
• Five (5) years’ experience in ship power distribution system equipment design & integration experience
• Previous experience in detailed construction or design of ships, structures, power plants or facilities. Naval Architect, Marine Engineer, Industrial Engineer, Mechanical or Electrical Engineer or similar engineering based training or experience is essential.
• Knowledge of Naval Vessels, ABS and HSNC Rules
• Familiar with writing Purchase technical Specifications (PTS’s) and reviewing equipment supplier proposals
• Knowledge of computer design and analysis tools such as Ship Constructor and/or AutoCAD a plus
• Familiarity with standard Microsoft Office applications
• An advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering or closely related technical field may be desired for this position
• Electrical/Marine Engineering experience with Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) or similar vessels
• Experience working with US Navy tech warrant holders on USN Shipboard electrical power distribution systems
• Experience in reading and comprehending ship systems electrical drawings, work specifications and requirements
• Experience in planning and execution of ship construction, overhaul, maintenance and modernization processes
• Working in a design for manufacturing environment
• Able to work with general direction and have strong verbal and written communications skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Hardware Engineering
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day