Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
The National Grid IT team is currently seeking an experienced, results-oriented individual to lead major initiatives within our Solutions Development team as a SAP HANA Project Manager. This individual will be responsible for providing hands on experience and leadership to deliver IT and business-led projects on National Grid’s HANA platform. The Project Manager will also be responsible for working directly with our IT Business Partners and the Finance Organization in leading our migration to S/4 HANA in the coming fiscal year. This role will report to the Senior Director Solutions Development, SAP, within the National Grid IT organization.
- Leads a team of SAP technical and functional specialists, business analysts and vendor partner team members to plan, design, develop, test and deploy technology solutions that deliver business benefits.
- Develops and implements SAP S/4 HANA vision and migration plans; sets direction based on alignment to business strategy, technology opportunities and overall SAP roadmap.
- Sets technology strategy and direction for our SAP HANA platform; partners with business stakeholders and influences overall strategy
- Manages relationship with Platform and Application vendors and partners, influencing technology roadmaps and contract negotiations
- Analyzes vendor proposals related to SAP HANA projects and provides negotiation support for those proposals.
- Prepares and presents program-level communications for executives and stakeholders
- Hires and leads managers and technical leaders; coaches and counsels team members, and determines and manages staffing strategy and plan, consistent with the needs of the team
- Defines performance objectives and development plans for team members and ensures alignment with department objectives
- Develops and maintains a network of industry contacts; performs research on industry trends, competitors, business and IT products; analyzes trends and make strategic and tactical recommendations
- Experience leading large, multi-year, SAP and SAP HANA implementations
- Thorough knowledge of SAP S/4 HANA implementations, migrations and upgrades
- Advance expertise in key SAP business processes such as record-to-report (RTR), order-to-cash (OTC), supply chain management (SCM) and hire-to-retire (HTR).
- Experience in managing large matrix teams and being responsible for managing scope, schedule, quality, cost and resource management.
- Strong experience in facilitating resolution of cross-team integrated topics
- Strong expertise in project delivery methods, tools and templates
- Advanced knowledge of leadership concepts, practices and techniques, especially change management and leading culture change
- Ability to promote and role model a team-oriented environment
- Highly developed negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/engineering or in related field
- Experience delivering analytics based solutions leveraging HANA Sidecar, Native HANA Modelling, BW on HANA and/or Business Objects Web Intelligence
- Knowledge of SAP HANA integration toolsets including SAP Landscape Transformation (SLT), Data Services (BODS) and Smart Data Integration (SDI)
- Expertise with both waterfall and agile delivery methodologies
- Understanding and exposure to SAP Cloud Platform (SCP) architecture and capabilities
- Thorough knowledge and experience with cloud platforms and applications, and experience implementing at an enterprise-scale
- In-depth understanding of cloud-native architectures, microservices, and open API’s
- Experience working in the energy/utility industry
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.