Entering ManTech’s 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a “Top 100 Global Technology Company” by Thomson Reuters. We have earned this and many other accolades over the years for our dedication to serving the missions of our nation’s most important customers: U.S. Intelligence, Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. All know us as a trusted partner offering best-in-class solutions in cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering tailored to meet their specific requirements.
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in Mission, Cyber, and Technology Solutions. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The IMS Division provides cyber solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customer’s success is driving our growth.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Principal Linux Systems Engineer to join our team in Chantilly, VA to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech. The selected candidate will support a large IT infrastructure.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide Systems Engineering support for a large distributed IT infrastructure.
- Reporting to the application management lead, you will perform requirements analysis, design, and integration for a complex software application environments and collaboration infrastructures.
- As a Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for providing critical systems and application infrastructure support.
- This is an excellent opportunity to work with a team across multiple technical areas to include operations, engineering, security, and systems development.
- It offers great opportunities for technical growth.
- Engineering Service Now application infrastructure, including application upgrades, review and implementation of security best practices, applications of patches, maintenance of users and groups, and implementation of application changes to improve efficiency.
- The infrastructure includes multiple load-balanced RHEL 6 servers configured to use SQL Server 2008 database.
- Providing enterprise level disaster recovery solutions
- Analyze system faults, troubleshoot, and run diagnostic test on applications to detect problems.
- Evaluate and install developed software during various phases of testing.
- Review and prepare documentation for systems and tests capable of installing and required software.
- Develop the procedures and be capable of executing existing and developed procedures in order to maintain compliance with JTF-GNO mandates and/or vendor-released patches and upgrades.
- Participating in a Change Management processes
- Performing requirements analysis, design, and integration for complex software application environments and collaboration infrastructures
- Providing IT Systems Engineering support on Service Now, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, IIS, and Windows 2008 R2
- Working on project teams responsible for engineering and packaging releases to integrate within the customer's production IT environment
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Security, or related field
- 7-9 years of IT experience
- Possess strong technical written and verbal communication skills essential
- Security+CE required
- RHEL Certified Systems Engineer, VCP, ITIL Foundation certifications desired
US Citizenship required and active Top Security clearance