The Solution Engineer (SE) - Cyber as a Service Innovation Area (IA) Lead serves on the Solutions Team, aligned to the Cyber as a Service Innovation Area (IA) in the Cybersecurity & Special Missions (CSM) business. A Solution Engineer is someone that is primarily technical for set of Offerings within a primary Innovation Area, understands the capture process and lifecycle, can LEAD and SUPPORT the technical proposal development, can use their technical knowledge to integrate, translate and write proposal content, AND can act as a “sales consultant”. A Solution Engineer drives Innovation for CSM.
Execution of these responsibilities will require the ability to effectively synthesize technical strategy, standards, processes, and technology to achieve the objectives of each program or opportunity pursuit. The successful applicant will join a distributed team in applying architecture methods and emerging technology for integrated solutions for complex IT/cyber challenges.
Primary responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Solutions Team Lead providing input into overall Team strategy,
- With the Sub Mission Area (SMA) offering owner, be responsible for maintaining the collection of offerings within the Cyber as a Service IA, including metadata catalog information and proposal and delivery assets,
- Coordinate the identification and collection of new offerings for the Cyber Resiliency IA, based on market demand, and submit business case via the CSM new offerings process,
- Coordinate the Cyber as a Service IA’s input into CSM’s sales pipeline tracking system,
- Maintain understanding of skills of all Cyber as a Service IA team members,
- Coordinate all Cyber as a Service data as part of scheduled Solutions Team reporting requirements,
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for a select set of Offerings, and Offering integration, within an Innovation Area, and in support of opportunity pursuits in a single SMA or across SMAs,
- Support BDMs with call plan activity preparation and execution of marketing / sales customer meetings and presentations, acting as a supporting “sales consultant”,
- Act as the Lead SE for technical solution development for all CSM opportunities, coordinating all technical resources required to develop and write the solution, including development of cost input, per Capture Manager direction,
- Lead all technical solution reviews in our IPDS lifecycle, including formal bid review decisions, presenting to the Solutions Team Lead, SMA / Delivery Lead and Bid / Delivery Program Manager (PM),
- Act as a supporting SE to the SE Technical Lead, on an opportunity by opportunity basis,
- With the SMA Offering Owner, ensure that all Offering assets and information are completed, matured and maintained in the CSM Catalog,
- Identify Offering re-usability (or lack of), and tailor Offering assets to improve efficiency of use across markets,
- Think “revolutionary” innovation and identify / define new offerings and lead / support new offering development,
- Continually monitors market trends and emerging technologies to influence organizational adoption and drive business innovations that deliver competitive advantage, and
- Forms effective business relationships; fosters an open culture of collaboration and innovation within the Solutions Team and with other functions.
- 12+ years of general applicable experience providing technical solutions for large complex IT systems, demonstrating a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness.
- 3 years of applicable experience in the Cyber as a Service domain.
- DoD and/or Intel TS/SCI clearance eligible
- Strong background in architecting and designing solutions, and systems integration for proposals and enterprise program delivery.
- Strong technical background with ability to continually evaluate the needs of new and emerging technologies within IIS mission areas and drives the appropriate technical solution response in collaboration with other functions.
- Proven presentation and communication (written and oral) skills; able to communicate complex concepts to a diverse audience of senior business leaders.
- IT solution integration experience across full system/service lifecycle, to include infrastructure (compute, storage and network), platforms and enterprise software applications.
- Experience with technology frameworks and methods.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and communicate a business case for technology investment to senior management and executive audiences.
- Working knowledge of best practices in IT/cyber security.
- Proven success working within a large multi-disciplined team and performing as project technical lead.
Security (from design and implementation through assessment and authorization).This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Working knowledge of IT service lifecycle and ITIL.
- Cyber security, Security Operations Center, fusion centers experience desirable.
- Advanced degree in computer science or engineering.
- Cloud Computing (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google).
- Diverse Operating Systems (Microsoft Windows, Linux, RHEL, etc.).
- Agile Software Development practices.
- Data Storage and Processing (SQL and NoSQL).
- DevOps (including Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery).
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.