Raytheon is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. Our latest company video is about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we hold dear at Raytheon. Click here to view:
We are looking for a Systems Administrator/Senior Computer Systems Technologist to support a program providing maintenance for a command and control software and hardware system. The administrator will support the delivery of discrepancy fixes and enhancements to operators in an operational environment.
The candidate will represent program providing engineering computing support to classified programs in a UNIX/Linux and Windows environment. The candidate will troubleshoot and fix problems related to software and hardware. Additional responsibilities will include workstation installation/configuration, network management, user accounts and environment management, software configuration, workstation relocation, storage management, backup and restore, automation and notification, data and access security management.
• Provide system supporting programs running in a UNIX, Solaris and Linux environments.
• Provide system supporting applications running in a Windows environment
• Troubleshoot and fix problems related to computing software and hardware.
• UNIX, Solaris and Linux deployment including the administration, performance tuning, monitoring, and user account management
• Supporting systems in a virtualized environment
• Linux and Windows Active Directory authentication integration
• Disaster Recovery management
• Data and access security management
• Ability to solve complex problems
• Ability to work independently with minimal management oversight
Must be a U.S. CITIZEN with an Active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information with CI Poly (TS/SCI with CI Poly) security clearance.
External Candidates with a current Top Secret security clearance or higher may be eligible for a $20,000 sign on bonus if the clearance is confirmed and the candidate is hired by Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services.
• Experience administering systems running Redhat/Linux versions 3/4/5/6 and AD authentication integration (Kerberos, LDAP)
• Experience with SMTP, DHCP, DNS, NIS, LDAP, CIFS, NFS, Postfix, and BIND, SNMP, and Linux system security
• Experience with application installation and multi-server environment/deployment, Linux architecture, deployment, administration, networking, and performance monitoring/tuning, security hardening, troubleshooting and production operations
• Experience gathering requirements, design, and implement appropriate solutions
This position requires a BS/BA degree in Engineering, Science, Computer Science, or Mathematics, plus minimum 4 years of relevant work experience including time as a Linux system administration.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.