Check us out on YouTube:
The Whole Life Systems Engineering (WLSE) mission is to provide superior mission support and data integrity through innovation, collaboration, accountability, and flawless execution throughout the product life cycle. Our responsibilities include minimizing the total cost of ownership through engineering upfront planning and decision analysis related to product reliability, maintainability, supportability, safety and environmental impacts to our customers. It also includes the operational aspects of mission support such as field and technical support, repairs and spares management and program management support. WLSE also is responsible for configuration management, including software configuration management, as well as data management. Our vision is to be the provider of innovative affordable engineering solutions for product life cycle assurance and support to ensure customer satisfaction.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
The Software Configuration Management (SWCM) department follows the basic principles of Configuration Management. SWCM establishes and maintains the integrity of the products for the program through the entire life-cycle of computing products. The WLSE Software Configuration Management Department provides innovative solutions through automation, continuous integration and a skilled workforce to provide support for all computing products including embedded software, configurable logic, test equipment, simulations, COTS and tools.
The Software Configuration Management Engineer plans, coordinates, and executes Configuration Management (CM) activities, including:
- Change control
- Status accounting
- Product release
- Establish, perform and maintain software builds using an automated SWCM tool, such as IBM Rational Synergy, Team Foundation Server, and Rational Team Concert
- Guide successful completion of major programs and projects
- Develop and implement SWCM processes and procedures in accordance with Raytheon Policies and Procedures
- Participate in software audits and reviews
- Manage software products in developmental libraries
- The successful applicant will work as a self-starter and will interact effectively with program personnel, and will also possess a working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and SEI CMMI standards
- An existing DOD secret clearance or higher
- A minimum of six (6) years of prior relevant experience
- Experience with CM tools
- SWCM or software development experience
- Experience with SWCM process definition and implementation
- Solid proficiency in Windows, DOS and Unix/Linux Operating Systems
- Experience with using an automated SWCM tools, such as Synergy, to establish software configurations, perform software builds and releases
- Extensive experience with PC software applications and demonstrated ability to quickly ?learn how to use new software on any platform?
- Working knowledge of the SEI Capability Maturity Model (CMM) and SEI Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) and experience with SWCM process definition and implementation
Required Education (including Major):
- Synergy Database Administration
- UNIX/Linux Shell Scripting
- Experience with CM tools - IBM Rational Synergy, Change, Team Foundation Server and or Rational Team Concert
- Shell scripting ability and software development background
- Work effectively with all levels of management, peers and subordinates
- Demonstrated ability to provide outstanding customer service
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Additional information can be found here:
- Requires a Bachelors' degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.