As the Chief IT Architect, you will be responsible for consulting, advising, and leading strategies and initiatives to develop, maintain, and govern the SAS enterprise architecture. You will work closely with business partners and IT leaders to understand their needs and requirements, providing them with vision related to information technology and solutions. You will remain aware of business, technical and infrastructure issues and act as a consultant to aid in the development of creative solutions to meet business needs. You will be responsible for establishing technology standards and roadmaps across mission and program areas to improve cycle time, drive consistency, and reduce technical debt. You will develop current and future state business architectures, and contribute to the overall strategic plan.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Leading information technology evaluation and insertion in both SAS IT information solutions and in our products; establishing technology strategies and roadmaps, and developing technology standards and reference architectures.
- Maintaining visibility in and influencing the technical community through technical papers and seminar/conference participation, both within and external to Raytheon.
- Managing a team of SAS IT Architects, including the development of competency models and roles and responsibilities, the identification of training and experiential learning opportunities, mentoring of junior employees, performance development and demand management.
- Maintaining the architecture practice for SAS IT, establishing policies and procedures for architectural governance and promoting the use of architecture methodologies.
- Serving as SAS IT's primary representative to Corporate and Business Architecture Boards.
- Minimum 12 years related architecture experience with emphasis in Enterprise, Application and Infrastructure Architecture
- Demonstrated expertise applying industry architecture frameworks, i.e. TOGAF
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance at a minimum
- Raytheon Certified Architect and/or TOGAF certification
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Secret clearance or above
Bachelor's degree (BS) in STEM or related technical discipline and 12 years of relevant experienceDesired Education:
Master’s degree (MS) in STEM or related technical discipline and 10 years of relevant experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.