Raytheon Company, Integrate Defense System (IDS) in Fullerton, CA, is seeking an experienced Radar Systems Engineer to join the Battlefield Radar (BFR) group as the Integrate Product Team Lead (IPTL) to provide technical oversight for one or more of its programs on the Sentinel radar product line for development or production. These responsibilities include radar sub-system technical knowledge, ability to schedule/plan, Earned Value Management System (EVMS) certified, and excellent communication and writing skills. The IPTL will be accountable to the Program Technical Director and the Program Management Organization (PMO).
Overall technical responsibility for the position also includes:
• Lead for the completion of system and software development requirement specifications
• Lead coordinator for system and sub-system trade studies which will finalize the system architecture, requirements and capabilities based on warfighter needs
• Systems engineering oversight of major sub-system design, fabrication, assembly, integration and test activities across all the radar sub-systems
• LSE for System Integration and Test activities
• Ensuring that technical planning for program execution is completed
• Reporting metrics including Earned Value Management System (EVMS) information to functional and program management
• Ensuring that the proper mix of technical resources is available
• Communicating effectively with the program management, program staff, vendors and functional management
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 12 years related radar systems engineering experience
- Wide knowledge of engineering practices and is aware of the development effort challenges
- Solid understanding of radar system functionality, performance limitations, and mission support requirements
- Prior experience in radar system requirements, design, integration and test
- Prior experience in transitioning a radar from development to field software and production
- Understanding of Systems Engineering requirements, specifications, and processes
- Effective project management, leadership, presentation and communication skills
- Program Management Excellence (PMX) Trained
Required Education: Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Masters of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer, Science, or Mathematics.Security Clearance: Active Secret ClearanceWhat’s YOUR Mission?Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
- Experience in Information Assurance such as experience with the DoD Security Technical Infrastructure Guide
- DOORS, EVMS, and MS Tools
- Experience in technical and cost proposal preparation
- Development of simulation tools and test tools for radar analysis
- Ability to support periodic travel
- Standard Bidding Tool (SBT) and Basis of Estimate (BOE) Certified
Raytheon: “Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."- Thomas A. KennedyRaytheon Chairman and Chief Executive OfficerThis position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.