Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services is looking for Talented Chief System Engineer/Cobra Dane Lead Systems Engineer to join our System Engineering team in Colorado Springs, Colorado on the COBRA DANE program.
Want to join a company that Stands Out among their competitors? At Raytheon, We Stand Out for a lot of reasons – and our employees are behind every one of them. Click here to find out what they have to say about the work we do and who we do it:
The COBRA DANE radar sensor is a ground-based, computer-driven, L-band phased array radar located at Eareckson Air Station (AS) (EAS) on Shemya, Alaska (AK). Its primary mission is Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (MD) with a secondary mission of Space Situational Awareness (SSA). Operational control for the COBRA DANE radar sensor is under the United States Strategic Command and supported by Air Force Space Command. This Program will deliver world class Operations, Maintenance and Support (OM&S) and Depot and Sustainment (D&S) for the COBRA DANE (CD) phased array radar. Raytheon’s experience in support of COBRA DANE and other large/sophisticated high power radar systems provides the high technological capability, foundation, and infrastructure required, along with the corporate resources to deliver continuous successful COBRA DANE mission performance.
As the Deputy Chief Engineer on the Cobra Dane program, you will serve as the primary technical point of contact with the program office, the customer and other external entities related to the program. Working with the Program Engineer, HW Lead and the SE lead, the Deputy Chief Engineer helps set the technical direction for the program based on his or her technical experience in the relevant domain. The Chief Engineer attends the Engineering Review Board (ERB) and the Risk and Opportunity Board.
A strong ground based radar background is required. Firm understanding of Missile Defense requirements and testing is strongly desired.
Clearance Requirement: Must be a US Citizens with a current Secret clearance
Required Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
· Bachelor degree and 8 years of system engineering experience
· Familiarity and experience with Ground Based Radar systems
· Bachelors degree and a minimum of 8 years of relevant engineering experience on a government contract.
· Experienced in performing system engineering, analytical, and problem solving activities using structured problem solving techniques
· Proven experience in all phases of Requirements (hardware and software) management
· Experienced conducting briefings and participating in technical meetings with internal and external users.
· Must have a minimum Secret clearance.
Desired Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
· Experience and familiarity with the Cobra Dane system
· Field experience supporting military installations and equipment
· Experience with Common Product Data Management System (cPDM)
· Thorough understanding of systems engineering practices and the system lifecycle
· Ability to understand and apply commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the systems engineering field such as INCOSE CSEP, ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288 or Mil-Std-499B
· Experience providing technical direction and review of supplier development activities including development of supplier statement of Work (SOW), conducting design reviews, developing engineering change proposals
· Flexibility to support a wide range of technical product lines beyond ground based radars to include fixed and mobile surveillance systems, land and airborne, EO/IR and RF ISR sensor integration
Bachelor degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.