If change is not a scary word to you and you thrive in organizations that constantly adapt and evolve then Raytheon is the company for you. Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services is looking for Talented Principal System Engineer (Signal Processing) to join our M2C System Engineering team in Aurora, Colorado.
Raytheon is a company that Stands Out among their competitors. At Raytheon, We Stand Out for a lot of reasons – and our employees are behind every one of them. Click here to find out what they have to say about the work we do and who we do it:
As a Principal System Engineer (Signal Processing), you will be a senior team member of a dynamic and multidiscipline development team within the Advanced Mission Solutions (AMS) program area. Responsibilities will span the development and fielding life cycle from initial concept definition through detailed design, development, and qualification testing and into fielding and customer support. The senior team member will define tasking/milestones and work with the team lead to ensure adherence to budgets, plans, and schedules and will provide expert guidance and consulting to other team members as well as being an individual contributor. The ideal candidate will have a strong engineering background with experience in radio frequency (RF) communications links and systems, algorithm prototyping/modeling, waveform design, and software-defined radios.
Clearance Requirement: Must be a US Citizens with a current SCI with the ability to obtain and maintain SAP clearance
There is the potential for external candidates to receive a sign-on bonuses of up to $20,000 for hires with an active Top Secret clearance if hired on this requisition.
Required Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
• US Citizen with at least a current/active SCI security clearance
• Bachelor degree and at least 8 years demonstrated related engineering experience
• Experience with waveform design and application
• Experience with digital/analog filtering theory and application
• Strong background with signal detection in challenging RF environments
• Modulation theory and application experience
• Spread spectrum (direct sequence and frequency hopped) theory and application
• Experience with satellite RF links (modulation, Doppler effects, link budgets, etc.)
• Experience designing for and implementing algorithms on software-defined radios
• Strong experience using Matlab for algorithm prototyping and simulation
• Experience creating efficient implementations in software
• Solid hands-on experience with Matlab and C/C++
• Experience establishing and maintaining good working relationships with all levels of the organization, including Government customer, IPT leadership, and support organizations
• Good understanding of software development processes and their application to programs
• Must be willing and able to travel, as required
Desired Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills
• Experience developing with Python and Java
• Experience developing on Linux operating system
• Experience with developing in X-Midas
• Experience with developing with Redhawk
• Experience with detection and estimation theory and application
• Strong background in parameter and spectral estimation
• Mentoring of younger engineers
• Master’s Degree or higher in Engineering, Science or Mathematics
Bachelor degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM). Master degree preferred.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.