General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Responsible for designing and implementing information systems to support the enterprise infrastructure of the organization. Analyzes system requirements and ensures that systems will offer security and will be effectively integrated with current applications. Has deep understanding of infrastructure, application programming, and web and software applications. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
4. Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
5. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
6. Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
7. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
8. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
9. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
Must Have Qualities:
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.