KBR COMPANY INFORMATION
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction, and services company, we support the hydrocarbon and government services markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business units, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our customers have come to value us, because they know We Deliver.
With operations in 40 countries, KBR has more than 34,000 people delivering services to customers in over 80 countries. Together they represent an unmatched reservoir of talent and experience in a wide range of markets.
Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
Position Title: Global Lead, Leadership & Learning
Advance your career at KBR – dynamic innovation, projects, solutions, and services
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Program Management, Adult Learning Knowledge, Communications, Relationship Management, Learning Management System (LMS), Change Management, Group Facilitation, Vendor Management, Internal Customer Service, Proactive, Organized
Wanted: Enthusiastic, results-oriented leader who thrives on challenge and change, and who drives delivery of results for global learning programs and leadership development.
About the role
The Global Lead, Leadership & Learning will be responsible for building and taking to scale leadership, talent, and learning programs across the organization. This role will work with strategic vendor partners, internal business stakeholders, and other Talent COE and Global HR team members to design frameworks and programs to drive the success and growth of employees across the organization. The Global Lead, Leadership & Learning oversees the design, development and delivery of professional/management and leadership development programs that cross organizational levels and roles. Ensures timely delivery of development solutions that address the learning and development needs of managers and leaders and aligns with business unit and corporate goals. Oversees strategic vendor relationships responsible for all manager and leader development, delivery, communications, logistics and reporting.
As we build this internal capability, we are looking for someone that is a strategic thinker but is also willing to roll up their sleeves and do hands on work.
- Develops manager and leader and development strategies and curricula, partnering with senior level management. Ensures manager and leader programs support the changing needs of the business and address new initiatives.
- Oversees the quality of all classroom and technology-based manager and leader and development activities, including needs assessment, curriculum development, course design/planning and logistics, content delivery, and related manager and leader materials. Directs the implementation of manager and leader programs via strategic vendor partnerships.
- Designs and implements distance learning strategies, including virtual classroom learning and self-paced web-based manager and leader for manager and leader development topics.
- Integrates and works closely with various HR areas (e.g., Talent COE, recruiting, workforce planning/development, compensation, etc.) regarding manager and leader development programs to ensure alignment and consistency.
- Partners with business unit management to identify employee performance gaps and identifies options for addressing them through manager and leader development or other related solutions.
- Partner closely with Safety, Legal, IT, Sales, and Operations to ensure standardization and alignment of training across the organization.
- Enhance competency models linked to talent management, succession planning, and learning and development strategies.
- Create and deploy a career development frameworks to enable employees to continue to develop and advance in the organization.
- Develop appropriate policies and practices to manage L&D throughout the organization, including Learning Management System (Workday Learning)
- Provides leadership, direction, and critical feedback to strategic vendor partners.
- Manages department budget allocations within corporate guidelines. Provides direction regarding expense management.
- Ensures assessment and evaluation mechanisms are in place to measure the impact and effectiveness of manager and leader programs/materials. Shares results and KPIs with senior level management, with recommendations for improvement in support of making a positive impact on performance and meeting business need.
- Evaluates vendor performance by establishing objectives and measurements; provides constructive feedback to vendor partners and KBR business owners on a regular basis.
- Establishes and communicates standardized methodologies for learning development and delivery and ensures compliance across vendor partner programs. Ensures all manager and leader programs are implemented effectively, to include quality and coverage of manager and leader programs. Forecasts manager and leader and development resource needs, and presents recommendations to senior level management.
- Identifies needs and reviews recommendations for utilizing outside resources. Sources vendors, and oversees quality of products and services delivered. Ensures necessary budget allocations are available and approved.
The successful candidate will be high-energy, possess a can-do orientation, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, exercise independent judgment, and collaborate across business units, functions, and locations to deliver results.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required, in addition to 7 years of training and development experience
- Advanced education in manager and leader & development preferred.
- Has strong working knowledge of instructional design, with a solid understanding of adult learning. Has good knowledge of department duties, responsibilities and procedures for functional areas being supported.
- Prior experience in the development of function or organization-wide manager and leader strategies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong project management, leadership, and team building skills.
- Prior experience directing, implementing, and maintaining technology-based manager and leader/distance learning programs for a geographically dispersed workforce strongly preferred.
- Strategic content and UX owner for the enterprise LMS, including setting standards for publishing and maintaining content, and creation of blended learning programs
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Primary Location: US-US-TX-Houston
Req ID: 1077027