Systems Administrator - 3
Linux Administrator 3
This position will require the ability to effectively work alongside software developers, testers, operations specialists throughout the lifecycle development of hardware and projects.
- -Managing and maintaining secure, minimally-interrupted operations of Linux servers and virtualized environments.
- -Supporting bare-metal and virtual machines; coordinating actions with peer system administrators, network administrators, security teams, software teams and Operations; devising, recommending, and implementing performance-enhancement, reliability-enhancement, and automation solutions.
- -Installing, hardening and patching Linux operating systems.
- -Working in a command-line environment
- -Creating/modifying shell scripts (ex: bash,perl,python)
- -Partition disks, create logical volumes, create/mount Linux filesystems.
- -Create and manage user accounts in a Linux environment
- -Query LDAP/DNS services for information and troubleshooting purposes in a Linux environment.
- -Troubleshooting end-user issues.
- -Developing and documenting technical procedures.
- -Install and configure COTS software
- -Interacting with and successfully utilize boards-of-approval to maintain required security controls and configuration management
- -Perform technical research on Information Technology topics, as requested, and produce presentations and recommendations
- -Independently learn and apply new technologies as appropriate, while coordinating actions with the team as required.
- -Build complex VMware environments and experience with ESXi, vSphere, Horizon View, vMotion, vCenter and VDI's.
- -Configure and maintain SANs for use in virtual environments.
- -Providing on-call (24 hour) Ops support as needed
- -After hours and weekend work as needed
- -Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication
- -Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of related experience or 10 years of related experience in lieu of degree.
- -Hands on experience installing and configuring COTS software
- -Hands on experience using VMWare products
- -Hands on experience with Linux Operating System
- -Current Security
- -Active DoD Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility
- -Ability to obtain and maintain Counter Intelligence Polygraph
- -Ability to obtain and maintain SCI clearance
- -RedHat Certified (Example: RedHat Certified System Administrator, Redhat Certified Engineer)
- -NAS storage device administration
- -Solid Understanding of Enterprise-level storage concepts to include commonly-used RAID-levels
- -RedHat Satellite Server v5/6 configuration/usage experience
- -Solid understanding of remediating security vulnerabilities to include hardening RedHat systems in accordance with RMF and STIGs
- -Identity Management (Single Sign-on) experience
- -VMWare ESXi (6.x ) configuration and management experience
- -Experience implementing/configuring Linux software based firewall implementations (iptables/firewalld)
- -Ability to create custom RPM packages for RedHat platforms.
- -Windows (7,10, Server 2008, Server 2012) administration experience
- -Windows GPO experience
- -Windows Active Directory management experience
- *Position contingent on final adjudicated TS/SCI with CI Polygraph *
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job: Engineering/Technical - Information Management
Primary Location: US-US-CO-Colorado Springs
Req ID: 1064274