General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1. Designs and codes software components, units, and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Tests and debugs assigned components and units.
4. Participates in large system and subsystem planning.
5. Collaborates with hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems and works with them to resolve incompatibilities.
6. Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
7. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
8. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
9. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
The Data Engineer will manipulate data and data flows for both existing and new systems. Additionally they will provide support in the areas of data extraction, transformation and load (ETL), data mapping, data extraction, analytical support, operational support, database support, and maintenance support of data and associated systems. As a member of the team, candidates will work in a multi-tasking, quick-paced, dynamic, process-improvement environment that requires experience with the principles of large-scale (terabytes) database development, large-scale file manipulation, data modeling, data mapping, data testing, data quality, and documentation preparation.
5-8 years of related software development experience.
1. Experience with the following languages: Java/J2EE, C, C++, SQL, XML, XQuery, XPath, Ruby on Rails, HTML/XHTML, CSS, Python, Shell Scripting, JSON
2. Knowledge of servers operating systems; Windows, Linux, Distributed Computing, Blade Centers, and cloud infrastructure
3. Strong problem solving skills
4. Ability to comprehend database methodologies
5. Focus on continual process improvement with a proactive approach to problem solving
6. Ability to follow directions and finish task
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
1. Experience building and maintaining data flows in NiFi or Pentaho.
2. Excellent organizational, coordination, interpersonal and team building skills.