Job ID: 466079BR
Date posted: Jan. 10, 2019
City: Littleton, Sunnyvale
State: California, Colorado
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unrivaled skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture inspires employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. If you have the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion and dream to be a difference maker? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? Do all things outer space intrigue you? If so, we invite to apply your expertise with us, a stellar company that will be putting astronauts on Mars, creating 3D printed satellites, launching payloads that learn in orbit, and developing national defense systems.
Our Advanced Programs Remote Sensing (APRS) team is seeking a seasoned Program Manager to lead an Agile development program delivering state-of-the-art capabilities to support a dynamic Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) mission area. The team is responsible for delivering applications and providing the Operational & Maintenance services on a Cost Plus Award Fee contract.
In this role you will:
• Manage agile development programs with the necessary methodologies and metrics to be successful and have the ability to use resource estimates and track progress via agile metrics.
• Partner with our customer to successfully plan and implement according to cost, schedule and scope requirements balanced against customer priorities.
• Understand the necessary adjustments to the work and resources allocations based on the tracked progress and estimation from the team velocity.
• Establish and manage cost and schedule budgets, actuals, EACs, re-baselines, and forecast using agile software development processes with a focus on continuous improvement and streamlining DEVOPS processes.
• Manage risk and opportunity, offering trades to reduce risk, cost, and/or schedule is highly desired.
• Apply management reserve (MR) and manage subcontracts of both defense contractors and a commercial contractors.
• Oversee the staffing, coordinating Award Fee Self Assessments, scope management, coordinate partner collaboration, and awareness of the contract when working with the customer.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care, 25 three-day weekends, and healthy living incentives just to name a few reasons to join Lockheed Martin.
• You will have Agile development experience through all life cycles (development through O&M) including managing Program Increments (PIs) with epics and story points based on sprints and understanding the current status of the program.
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Technical Business Administration, related technical degree, or equivalent experience/combined education.
• 5 + years of Program Management experience with CPAF contracts of $50M or more with multi-year, multi-phase contracts as described above
• Management experience of cross functional and geographically diverse teams to deliver high-quality project outputs on time and within budget
• Proposal experience for ECPs and follow on contracts
• Current TS/SCI Clearance is required prior to start.
• MS Computer Science, MBA, or equivalent
• 10+ years of relevant program management experience
• Software development and programming background
• HEMI experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Program Management
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2