National Grid is hiring in Buffalo, NY
The successful candidate will function as the ultimate safety champion by assisting local leadership teams in the ongoing development and implementation of incident prevention and regulatory compliance activities specific to National Grid employees, contractors and the general public.
Safety Representatives will conduct routine jobsite visits to gain an in-depth understanding of the cultural issues that are having a negative impact on behaviors and use that information as they coach local leadership teams and committees in their accident prevention, and regulatory compliance initiatives.
- Develop strong supporting relationships with local leadership teams (management and union) to become a relied upon subject matter expert for safety policies, safety action plans, regulatory interpretations, and accident prevention programs/techniques.
- Conduct ongoing cultural assessments based on job site visits and other interactions with NG employees and use those assessments/insights when coaching local leadership teams in incident prevention techniques
- Respond to and help resolve safety related issues from the field organizations.
- Promote, develop, and implement safety leadership sessions as directed by local leadership teams.
- Develop and/or conduct formal safety presentations or seminars as assigned.
- Actively support the Safety/Health/Environmental (SHE) organization by participating in Corporate Safety, SHE Performance Excellence (SHE-PEx), Environmental and Process Safety initiatives as directed.
- Actively participate in all assigned safety committee and operations staff meetings by conducting presentations on critical topics such as: ?Current injury trends
- Industry best practices/trends
- Safety Leadership information
- Safety Culture information
- Effective Safety Discussions (ESD) and Compliance Assessment (CA) findings
- Seasonal hazards
- Regulatory changes
- SHE Department updates
- Participate in the Incident Analysis process as assigned (e.g. team member, analysis review/comment etc.)
- Conduct routine analysis of incident trends and develop recommendations specific to local leadership teams for their consideration and possible inclusion in local safety plans.
- Act as the point of contact for regulatory agencies (e.g. OSHA, NIOSH etc.) to ensure accurate assessments, postings and resolutions.
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
Bachelors degree required and in a safety related field
3+ years operational experience with safety related duties in construction activities.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.