Cushman & Wakefield (http://www.cushmanwakefield.com/en/careers)
Assistant Facility Manager
Job Description Summary
Under the supervision of the Facility Manager, the Assistant Facility Manager is responsible for assisting in all areas defined as a part of the Facility Manager job description. This is a management role that may supervise individuals, building staff, operations, and coordinate the various functions. Primary responsibilities include ensuring client facilities, equipment, offices/rooms, and systems are maintained, cleaned, repaired, and serviced in accordance with client standards and requirements.
• Supports the Facility Manager with day-to-day operations of the facility(s) or campus including janitorial, life-safety, engineering and general maintenance and helps to ensure these are carried out in a manner consistent with C&W policies and ownership directives. This includes assisting with the management of contracts and vendors.
• Supports the implementation and management of all maintenance programs relating to the interior and exterior conditions and appearance of the facilities.
• Under the direction of the Facility Manager, responds promptly to requests for building maintenance, repairs, cleaning needs, etc. from building occupants and for the implementation of ongoing contract programs to address and resolve needs and problems.
• Helps compile information necessary to ensure all site-specific documentation and reports are completed accurately and on time, including (and as applicable): Property Information Book, Site Operating Manual, Emergency Procedures Manual, IIPP Manual, Local Code Compliance Log, ADA Compliance Log, OSHA Log, Safety Meeting Log, Elevator Logs, Janitorial Log, Purchase Order Log, Vendor Certificates of Insurance, As-built Drawings, IIPP Manual, Paid Invoices File, General Files, Contract Files, Annual Property Conditions and Year-end Performance Report, and other reports and documentation as required.
• Helps prepare budgets, financial reports (monthly and quarterly), contracts, expenditures and purchase orders related to the facility(s) or complex as directed.
• Assists in providing information and reports necessary for the development of capital budgets for the facility. This includes contributions towards a five-year plan of maintenance, facility improvement, and cost reduction initiatives.
• Helps collect, analyze and prepare reports of such statistical data as may be required to provide accurate and current assessment of facility management objectives.
• Expected to be thoroughly familiar with the management contract, vendor agreements, and other building/facility contracts and all requirements contained therein.
• Helps to monitor and ensure that tenants and vendors comply with insurance requirements and coordinate all claims as required.
• Proactively inspects the facility, systems, rooms, common areas, etc. and reports back any findings or issues to the Facility Manager.
At times will be required to assist with repairs to building equipment not limited to just HVAC, plumbing and/or electrical equipment
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.