full-time employee contract
ManTech International Corporation established itself as an industry leader in worldwide technology support providing support to the U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, and U.S. Air Force as well as other key Department of Defense customers and we would like to consider YOU as part of our team. ManTech International is seeking a Staff Buyer in Herndon, VA.
At ManTech we put the country’s national interests first. We’re about critical data – the types that impact every aspect of modern American life and ensure its endurance. We help safeguard national security through full-spectrum cyber, data and predictive analytics, enterprise IT, systems engineering and biometrics. Our government and commercial customers rely on our technologies, solutions, capabilities and – most important – our employees’ skills and knowledge to meet mission. Become an integral part of our diverse team that has the vision and imagination to do remarkable work.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Initiate, negotiate, execute and administer POs (Purchase Orders), and non-disclosure agreements (NDAs). In a FAR and CPSR Compliance environment.
(Note - Responsibilities include performing data entry into People Soft, sPRO, sharepoint and other tools and systems as necessary.) Provide expert proposal support to include obtaining competitive and sole and single source quotes for Bills of Materials.
• Perform price analysis on vendor quotes.
• Purchases a high volume and variety of materials, supplies, and services.
• Evaluates bids, selects, and recommends suppliers and negotiates price, delivery, quality, and service.
• Follows up on all awards until completion of order.
• Negotiates and settles with suppliers regarding damage claims, rejections, return of materials, over shipments, cancellations, and engineering changes.
• Responsible for complying with corporate policies, procedures, and underlying Federal, state, and/or local regulations concerning the purchase or shipment of goods, materials, or services.
• Requires Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field and 2+ years of related experience
• Microsoft proficient
• PeopleSoft proficient
• sPRO knowledge
• Ability to obtain a DoD Clearance