full-time employee contract
Operations Managers typically works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of the VEMOS program and performs all functional duties independently. Oversees the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific TA. Plans, directs, or coordinates VEMOS operations of the assigned TA. Duties and responsibilities include formulating operations policies, managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human resources. Works closely with functional area leads on the management or administration of personnel.
Twelve (12) years with BS/BA or 10 years of experience and a MA/MS degree.
• Proven work experience as operations manager within the automotive or defense industry
• Adequate knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
• Budget development and oversight experience
• Familiarity with business and financial principles and practices
• Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting and metrics
• Basic IT skills (databases, MS Office etc)
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
• Leadership and organizational skills
• Familiarity with Quality Assurance processes, and quality monitoring
• Familiarity with commercial and/or military warehousing practices
• Familiarity with recruiting, training and supervision from a Human Resources perspective.
• Proven communicator in verbal and written disciplines to include basic computer skills and document preparation.