Raytheon BBN Technologies is seeking an IT Undergraduate Intern for the spring and/or summer semesters and possibly beyond in our Middletown, RI office to support IT staff in administration of IT equipment.
BBN offers an exciting and collaborative work environment. If you enjoy working in a culture that emphasizes innovation, teamwork, and technical excellence in a collegial work environment that values creativity and initiative, we'd like to hear from you .
• Take ownership of end user requests for service, which includes, troubleshooting, implementation, and documenting the solution.
• Support laptops, desktops, and servers running both Linux and Windows operating systems.
• Consult with vendors, as well as performing research and evaluation of products to assist in the selection and purchase of equipment for new installations or upgrading existing systems
• Maintain open communication and positive working relationships with all staff
• Familiarity with administration of Windows 7 and 10 operating systems
• Experience with PC hardware repair of laptops, desktops, and servers
• Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
• Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently or in a team environment
• Willingness to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the Dept. of Defense which requires U.S. Citizenship
• Familiarity with additional operating systems (i.e. Red Hat Linux)
• Experience with basic IT infrastructure services, security, and protocols
• Junior or senior student currently pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, or related field of study.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.