General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Supports planning, designing, engineering, development, testing, configuring, deployment, and 24/7 operations of secure Global IT/Telecommunications systems/networks (WAN/VPNs/IPSEC). The team is operationally focused to meet both quick react and strategic customer objectives. Domestic and international travel possible up to four trips (1-2 weeks each) per year.
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
1. Provides expert level analysis of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Experience defining, designing and implementing multi-layer VOIP networks.
4. Experience specifying, testing, and operating both hardware and software defined firewalls (Cisco FirePower).
5. Experience detecting and preventing network intrusions and DNS attacks along with performing network log analysis.
6. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
7. Experience with both Linux and Windows operating systems and ability to maintain and configure network interfaces to routers and switches.
8. Experience with Field travel, and interfacing with other network operations centers.
9. Experience with configuring, testing, and managing Cisco networking equipment.
10. Hands on experience with IT system monitoring and management tools (ie SolarWinds & InterMapper).
11. Strong understanding of TCP/IP and IP Address management.
12. Practical experience with OpenVPN and IPSEC tunneling.
13. Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and network performance-tuning skills.
14. Ability to develop good engineering and programming practices and build workflows.
15. Analyzes network topologies as well as traffic and capacity requirements.
16. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
17. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
18. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
19. May perform network administration duties.
20. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
21. Serves as technical team or task leader.
22. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
23. Participates in special projects as required.
10-15 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
Linux kernel OpenVPN and IPSEC tunneling and networking with packet filtering preferred.
Design experience utilizing mixed network components from Cisco or Juniper preferred.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.