• The Business Analyst is a key member of the Software Engineering team in support of the Headquarters, U.S. Central Command J6 mission.
• The Business Analyst will be communicating with customer and users to understand their requirements and present the requirements document in a manner which is understandable by customer and developers.
• Effectively communicate with stakeholders and illustrate wireframes, prototypes, workflows, and use case diagram.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
• Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and software methodologies like Waterfall, Agile and SCRUM
• Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, business process descriptions, competitive product analysis, and workflow analysis.
• Communicate complex ideas in a clear, concise manner across functional and technical divisions.
• Collect and analyze the business requirements and transfer the knowledge to the development team.
• Develop wireframes, workflows, use case diagrams, and business requirement document.
• Analyzing and documenting different system flows, process flows and work flow
• Manage requirements and track requirements status throughout the project.
• Ensure requirements are within project scope and enforce change management when necessary.
• The candidate must have excellent documentation and analysis skills to create requirements specification.
• Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with stakeholders to define application requirements.
• Analytical thinking, problem solving skills for complex business processes.
• A strong understanding of web-based application and SharePoint application.
• Ability to perform business analyst work including developing project documentation, communications, providing project and deliverable status updates.
• Experience in creating and executing test plans, test cases, test scenarios and test scripts depending on requirements
• Advanced knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office tools, to include Visio
• Familiarity with Microsoft Project Server, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, and BMC Remedy workflows for task management
• Multi-tasking and self-motivated.
• The ability to thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment where each day provides a new set of challenges under short time constraints involving complex network configuration and requirements
• Knowledge of U.S. Department of Defense security requirements, regulations, policies, and procedures
• Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 9+ years of experience.
• Active Secret clearance is required.
• 5+ years of experience as a requirements analyst, business analyst, software project manager, or software engineer
Desired Education and Skills:
• ITIL v3 Foundation certification desired