General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory)
Minimum of five years of specialized experience managing the technical execution of information technology programs and project under contract(s) of similar or greater size, scope and complexity.
Minimum of five years of specialized experience practicing the following disciplines:
Experience executing system and application development and O&M activities across multiple hardware and software environments including complex, heterogeneous systems’ environments.
Ten years of specialized experience managing the technical execution of information technology programs and projects under contract(s) of similar or greater size, scope and complexity for the Sponsor’s agency.
Ten years of specialized experience executing system and application development and O&M activities across multiple hardware and software environments including complex, heterogeneous systems’ environments.
Experience, in a lead technical capacity, successfully migrating complex systems with multiple interfaces to cloud technologies.
Two years of personnel management experience.
Two years of financial management experience.
1. Leads the research and development of new software products and applications on the leading edge of established knowledge and standards.
2. Conceives, designs, prototypes, and tests new methods, algorithms, and models.
3. Defines architecture requirements and performance standards to meet or exceed management and customer specifications.
4. Identifies and directs resolution of complex hardware/software interface issues.
5. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
6. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
7. Serves as the primary customer interface to resolve problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
9. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
10. May provide expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
15-20 years of related software development experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree Preferred.