General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Applies basic pipefitting processes to join, surface, fabricate, repair, or replace piping systems.
1. Applies basic pipefitting processes to join, surface, fabricate, repair, or replace piping systems (steel, cuni, etc.).
2. Works from blueprints, engineering sketches, charts, or work orders.
3. Uses measuring tools and related equipment to target and fit piping.
4. Sil-brazes cuni pipe.
5. May inspect completed work for conformance to specifications.
6. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
1-3 years of related pipefitting experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
1. Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
2. Technical or vocational training preferred.