Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business
**THIS POSIITON IS LOCATED IN SYRACUSE, NY**
Lead, motivate and develop a professional team, prioritize work and allocate resources to ensure results are delivered in line with expectations and customer/business objectives. Execute instructions and requests, plan and organize resources and make appropriate arrangements to ensure that work is carried out efficiently and in line with relevant policies and processes.Lead cross functional hubs with business partners.
- Supervise staff that is responsible for processing non-utility bills. Lead, motivate and develop billing team, prioritize work and allocate resources to ensure results are delivered in line with expectations and meet customer and business objectives. Manage departmental projects for the team.
- Responsible for all departmental and Sarbanes Oxley controls within the Non-Utility Billing Department including department walkthrough and coordination of all internal and external audit requests.
- Assure a highly collaborative team environment with internal and external stakeholders and vendors.
- Manage ongoing operations to maintain, verify, report, and control non-utility billing to ensure an effective outcome for the business and a positive customer experience.
- Create, implement and develop processes and controls which offer a consistent and appropriate response to non-utility billing issues.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure the accuracy of accounting data.
- Analyze themes and trends from a range of sources and systems to identify opportunities to integrate improvements across billing to minimize billing issues.
- Translate business objectives into clearly defined process and procedure to support achievement of departmental/operational financial objectives.
- Challenge existing ways of working and continuously seek ways to do things better to drive greater efficiencies within assigned area.
- Review and update procedural documentation on an annual basis according to policies and guidelines.
- Ensure systems and processes are well controlled and compliant with all regulations and laws, including Sarbanes Oxley.
- Contribute to the identification and formulation of strategic objectives specific to area of work/business unit, to drive change and innovation within National Grid.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Experience within finance or customer billing preferred.
- Experience with assurance / compliance / governance processes, policy and requirements.
- Ability to lead and deliver comprehensive improvement projects, as well as challenge and support colleagues to improve performance.
- Strong understanding of key business drivers and external commercial environment
- Experience leading, inspiring and motivating professional teams.
- Proven influencing and negotiation skills, ability to influence at senior levels internally and externally
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.