**THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN SYRACUSE, NY**
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business
National Grid is looking for a Supervisor of Facilities Management who will plan and coordinate all operations, maintenance as well as repairs of a large number of operations centers and office complexes in assigned area, including all mechanical, plumbing and electrical equipment, buildings, grounds, sidewalks and parking lots to ensure safe and productive facilities. As a Supervisor, you will be responsible for supervising facilities operational activities in order to achieve high productivity, low costs and efficient work practices and to ensure compliance with National Grid policies and procedures.
- Translate functional policy into processes and procedures that drive greater efficiencies for National Grid and ensure compliance with SHE (Safety, Health, and Environmental Department) and regulatory standards including corporate policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure protection of assets and minimization of overall costs and risks.
- Lead, motivate and develop the facilities team, prioritize work and allocate internal and external resources in order to ensure results are delivered in line with expectations and business objectives.
- Monitor and control allocated human and material resources, maintaining financial and progress forecasting in order to ensure the day to day operation of National Grid's facilities are delivered according to schedule and within budget.
- Establish and agree key performance targets and financial budgets in order to optimize business performance in line with set objectives for managing facilities.
- Implement contractual requirements and service level agreements in order to meet service specifications and deliver against facilities business objectives.
- Attend meetings with company leadership, union officials, local, county and state agencies to ensure National Grid facilities continue to run efficiently and safely.
- Be a champion for a designated service or function such as HVAC, fire protection, life safety, structural or security and provide technical expertise throughout the facilities organization regarding the item.
- Utilize the existing CAFM system to manage the day to day operations of the assigned area, utilizing its work order management system.
- Utilize established financial systems to conduct monthly budget analysis detailing current status as well as projected outcomes, to maintain a cost effective service and clear budget process.
- Support of off-hours/extended emergency work is required.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Engineering management, Building Technology or related discipline or 7+ years direct experience in Commercial Property Management and/or building/facilities management.
- Certified Facility Manager strongly preferred.
- Experience directing skilled personnel in a union environment, including contractors and an in- depth knowledge of the facility industry.
- Detailed working knowledge of electrical/mechanical/plumbing/structural operating procedures, accident prevention rules, OSHA Regulations, Corporate and Departmental Employee Relations policies and procedures, Labor Contracts and appropriate clerical/administrative procedures, plus strong knowledge of the budget process.
- Detailed knowledge of CAFM and space planning systems, work scheduling associated with those, and knowledge of associated databases.
- Detailed knowledge of Building Management Systems. Experience of managing the work of a technical business unit and demonstrates taking specific actions to enable the team to function efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills including human resource management, negotiations and communications.
- Lets people affected by a decision know what's happening and is able to clearly articulate reasons for a decision.
- Understands theory behind policies and processes and demonstrates the ability to challenge existing processes and ways of working e.g. taking action to avoid future crisis or create opportunities to improve existing practices.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of legislative and regulatory issues affecting the industry.
- Demonstrates the ability to anticipate obstacles and think ahead about next steps.
- Demonstrates the ability to network internally and externally and to develop successful, long-lasting business partnerships with others and seeks to understand and challenge business scenarios to the benefit of all parties.
**THIS POSIITON IS LOCATED IN SYRACUSE, NY**
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.