The Mechanical Engineering Directorate (MED) leads in mechanical hardware design, development and production of radar, sonar, torpedo and combat system equipment. MED uses state-of-the-art tools, processes technology and Raytheon Six Sigma principles.
MED's Undersea & Electronics Systems Department, located at the Seapower Capability Center (SCC) in Portsmouth, RI is currently seeking an experienced Senior Design Drafter to work in the Computer Aided Design section.
The Computer Aided Design section of the Undersea and Electronics Systems Department, performs conceptual design, detail design, release to production, fabrication and assembly & integration on a variety of DoD platforms. The primary responsibilities of this position will include, but not be limited to:
This position can be a salary grade G08 or salary grade G09 based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience, and responsibility requirements for this position.U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.Required Education (including Major):
- Utilizing preliminary sketches, diagrams, and other engineering information to generate 3-D design models and/or conceptual layouts.
- Executing the detail design and leading the completion of the documentation for unique mechanical subsystems.
- Investigating pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, replaceability, strength-weight efficiency, and contractual specifications, requirements and cost.
- Coordinating with other organizations affected by design development.
- Self-check completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning.
- Identifying design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommending revisions and/or improvements in design layout to responsible team leads, engineers or designers.
- Associates in Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in developing mechanical documentation.
- Knowledge of mechanical design applications and fabrication processes.
- Must have experience using CREO (Pro/E, Wildfire)
- Ability to work with Parts Lists, Change Notices, and PDM or similar data management programs.
- Demonstrated experience with applying Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5M-1994.
- Confirmed understanding of the general requirements of Technical Data Packages
- (TDPs) and Associated Lists per MIL-STD-31000.
- Microsoft Office Tools and experience with Windchill
- PDMLink or equivalent configuration management system.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal.
- A team player with a high level of initiative and the ability to work in an environment of rapidly changing priorities.
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
Follow Follow Follow Follow
“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.