The Tactical Communication Systems Department within the Space and Airborne Systems Engineering, Integration and Test Center is involved in all aspects of Systems Design and Integration, Verification, and Validation (IV&V) for the Tactical Communication Systems business area. This team, based at Aberdeen Proving Ground, is responsible for supporting system architecture development, CONOPS development, system trade studies, requirements analysis and flow down to hardware/software configuration items; leading to system IVV for combat Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) solutions for air defense, air control, and self-protection missions in airborne and ground applications.
We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced System Engineer with IV&V experience to join our dynamic, diverse, and rapidly growing team. Ideal candidates would have technical experience with independently planning and perform test assignments. Perform tasks supporting test programs which include establishing methods and techniques, planning tests, developing test requirements, writing test procedures and test reports. Conducts tests utilizing comprehensive knowledge of complex systems and participate in test readiness reviews. General supervision is received from a designated supervisor. Guidance received relates primarily to general objectives and details of unusual situations and /or requirements. May provide functional guidance to less experienced test engineers or exercise occasional functional supervision over technicians and clerical assistants.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field and a minimum of 4 years of experience of systems integration and verification experience
- Must be able to work within a structured Systems Engineering process environment including a task oriented, value based management system
- Must be able to interact effectively with multidisciplinary teams of system design professionals including electrical, mechanical, software and logistics engineers
- Experience in execution of a disciplined engineering processes, scope management, people development and risk and opportunity management
- Experience in proposal development, particularly Engineering Change Proposal and Basis of Estimate development, and other contract deliverable artifacts.
- Must have experience with Qualification Tests including: requirements analysis, procedure development, test conduct and evaluation of results
- Must have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation} and be able to effectively communicate with IPT leaders, hardware and software development engineers, specialty engineers, program managers, and customer representatives
- Technical leadership experience
- Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance prior to commencing work
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to access to US only data systems
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Sciences, or Mathematics
- Background and competency in requirements development, analysis, derivations, verification and validation
- Experience in some or all of the following are highly desirable: EMI/EMC, shock, vibration, altitude, temperature, dust, humidity, and reliability growth
- Working knowledge and understanding of environmental test requirements pertaining to Military Standards including one or more of the following; MIL- STD- 810, MIL- STD- 67, MIL- STD - 1399, MIL- STD- 1540, MIL- STD-461
- Proposal support experience including writing Basis of Estimates
- Experience in the development of flight test program plans, support to Government flight testing and FAA certification
- Working experience with the development of Military equipment
- Past experience with production and sustainment programs
- Past experience with EVMS, IMS, & IMP tools for managing programs
- Strong team building, leadership and motivational skills
- Active Secret Clearance
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.