Raytheon is seeking a Sr Systems Administratorwith strong Linux and VM System Administration background to join our team in a sustainment environment.
This position is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining and implementing solutions to optimize the infrastructure operations. Analyzes and identifies all or part of a company's existing or new computer (and/or server), peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements, taking into consideration the special technology needs. Designs, implements, codes, tests, documents, and maintains systems integration solutions to total system or subsystems. Establishes functional and technical specifications, solves hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the entire system or subsystem.
This position requires US Citizenship with a current DoD Secret Clearance
- 4+ years of experience directly related to Linux System Administration in a sustainment environment; strong background in Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL 5/6)
- Strong knowledge of VMware Horizon, VApps, VMware vSphere Clusters and vCenter Servers
- Basic Network Administration knowledge utilizing CISCO
- Understanding of Storage Area Network concepts (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS).
- Knowledge of patch management tools such as RPM and YUM package management, Red Hat Satellite.
- Experience in COTS/GOTS/FOSS software installations
- Background in applying STIG settings to each product or underlying OS
- Strong hardware/software troubleshooting skills
- Systems integration experience
- Ability to troubleshoot complex configuration problems or system issues
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team in a Customer facility. Must be self-motivated with strong communication skills
- Occasional after hours on call support and ability to work overtime as needed
- Willing and able to travel approximately 20% to additional local off-site locations for installations and maintenance work on short notice as needed
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds in support of hardware installations.
- Must be a US Citizen with a current DoD Secret Clearance
- Ensure successful planning, deployment, installation, and upgrades of products within required timelines and resource allocations over multiple geographic sites
- Proficiency with Enterprise level administration of common network services such as Active Directory, DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP and troubleshooting as well as Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong analytic and research skills - must be detail oriented
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Powershell and PowerCLI, Bash, Ruby, and Python.
- Knowledge of automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, SaltStack
- Knowledge of storage systems such as EMC VNX
- Knowledge of Active Directory services, LDAP.
- Knowledge of DoD 8500.1, DIACAP, DITSCAP, NISPOM environments.
- Demonstrated ability to research and create detailed computing system documentation and operational guides/procedures.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with a diverse user community in quick-response situations and to coordinate / collaborate with team members.
BS Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar technical related field, OR 12 additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.