Raytheon is seeking a Windows System Administratorwith strong System Administration background to join our team in maintaining systems in a sustainment environment.
This position is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining and implementing solutions to optimize the infrastructure operations. Analyzes and identifies all or part of a company's existing or new computer (and/or server), peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements, taking into consideration the special technology needs. Designs, implements, codes, tests, documents, and maintains systems integration solutions to total system or subsystems. Establishes functional and technical specifications, solves hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the entire system or subsystem. This position will be located at a Customer/Partner location.
This position requires US Citizenship with a current DoD Secret Clearance
- 4+ years of experience directly related to Windows System Administration in a Windows 2008/W0012/WIN 7 Server and Desktop support with increasing responsibilities administering client/server applications
- Experience with VMware/VDI/esx
- Basic Network Administration knowledge utilizing CISCO
- Understanding of Storage Area Network concepts (SAN)
- Experience in the following areas: WSUS Patch Management, Anti-Virus, Symantec Endpoint, OS Upgrades, computer security and system monitoring and logging
- Experience with Windows 2008/Windows 7; HP hardware (i.e. server, workstations RAIDS, and thin clients); Tivoli, SQL Server; and Red Hat LinuxExperience in COTS/GOTS/FOSS Software installations
· Strong hardware/software troubleshooting skills
- Systems integration experience
- Ability to troubleshoot complex configuration problems or system issues
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team in a Customer facility. Must be self-motivated with strong communication skills
- Occasional after hours on call support and ability to work overtime as needed
- Willing and able to travel approximately 20% to additional local off-site locations for installations and maintenance work on short notice as needed
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds in support of hardware installations.
- Must be a US Citizen with a current DoD Secret Clearance
- Ensure successful planning, deployment, installation, and upgrades of products within required timelines and resource allocations over multiple geographic sites
- Experience with automation tools such as Chef (preferred), Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, Fabric or similar products for O/S builds, software installation and configuration
- Experience with desktop workstation collaboration products and protocols
- Scripting skills (i.e. PowerShell, Python, Ruby, bash, etc.)
- Proficiency with Enterprise level administration of common network services such as Active Directory, GPS’s, DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP and troubleshooting as well as Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong analytic and research skills - must be detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency
- Requires the ability to effectively interact with external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations and vendors
- Communication and diplomatic skills a must; significant interaction with various segments of the program
- Experience working in a Military environment with ability to work with Customer to ensure program success.
BS Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar technical related field, OR 12 years of equivalent combination of education and of experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.