KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Satellite Communications (SATCOM) Electronics
DESCRIPTION OF JOB TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Eight (8) years general experience having progressively responsible technical or craft experience in electronics, electricity, engineering, communication, physics, or in a similar field that provided technical knowledge and background that could be applied in the testing, evaluation, installation, maintenance or repair of electronic systems and equipment.
- Within the last six (6) years four (4) years specialized experience in the theoretical and practical knowledge of electronic theory and of characteristics, functions, diagnosing, isolating and correcting malfunctions and performing organizational level maintenance on communications and electronic equipment including, but not limited to: : AN/GSC 52B; M120 JUNIPER; RT2200; AN/WSC-3; DAMA; KIV-7M, KWR-4, and associated CRYPTO equipment; Fiber Optic Equipment,
- Or two (2) years specialized experience in operation and maintenance of the above equipment at a military or commercial communications center. Minimum education/experience:
- Successful completion of any U.S. Military Technician SATCOM school for the AN/GSC-52B Modernization Enterprise Terminal or equivalent training in electronics that provides skills and knowledge necessary to acquire and maintain satellite uplink/downlink, perform crypto restarts, perform organizational level repairs to up converters, down converters, power amplifiers, servo systems and ancillary equipment with emphasis on corrective and preventive maintenance is desired.
Minimum certifications required and to be maintained:
- Must be cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certified (must be obtain within 3 months on station).
- Clearance: Must be a U.S. Citizen and have a Top Secret clearance based on SSBI.
Job: Satellite Operations
Primary Location: GB-IO-Diego Garcia Island
Req ID: 1077127