KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Shall perform all assigned tasks in a professional manner and in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Applies comprehensive technical knowledge to solve complex problems that can typically be solved by properly evaluating and interpreting manufacturer’s manuals or similar technical documents. Operates, tunes, tests, aligns and inspects all communications equipment as necessary to meet operational requirements.
- Shall perform planned and corrective maintenance tasks as scheduled by the Lead Technician on communications equipment/systems such as, but not limited to, HFGCS High Frequency Global Communication System, HDAS Hydro-acoustical Data Acquisition System, AN/GSC-52B Satellite Communication Terminal, timing and antenna distribution, power supplies and associated patch panels.
- Utilizing state-of-the-art techniques and test equipment, must perform all quality control tests and performance monitoring of equipment/systems to ensure that all equipment is operated at required performance levels.
- Utilize an understanding of cabling and cable design, including but not limited to: of DB style, RJ style, and Coaxial style connectors, as well as an understanding of RS-232, EIA-530, Mil-188 pin out standards. To perform repairs and create cables for use in circuits and testing procedures.
- Assists with installation/configuration/removal of communication circuits.
- Successful completion of a two (2) year resident course at a technical institute specializing in electronics or communications technology or the equivalent military training in communications electronics.
- Specialized electronic experience of more than three (3) years may be substituted for educational requirements.
- Any US Military Service Electronics Technician school and the U.S. Navy Maintenance and Material Management (3M) System desired.
- Demonstration of satisfactory skills and good performance with one (1) year of progressive experience on HF/VHF communications equipment/systems including, but not limited to, High Power Amplifiers, Low Noise Amplifiers, all ancillary equipment and test equipment Minimum certifications required and to be maintained:
- Must be cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certified (must be obtain within 3 months on station).
- Clearance: Must be a U.S. Citizen and have a Top Secret clearance based on SSBI.
Job: Satellite Operations
Primary Location: GB-IO-Diego Garcia Island
Req ID: 1077134