full-time employee contract
Entering ManTech’s 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a “Top 100 Global Technology Company” by Thomson Reuters. We have earned this and many other accolades over the years for our dedication to serving the missions of our nation’s most important customers: U.S. Intelligence, Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. All know us as a trusted partner offering best-in-class solutions in cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering tailored to meet their specific requirements.
As the Intelligence Analyst, you will fuse together key counter-terrorism and criminal intelligence resources from local, state, and federal agencies as well as private industries to facilitate information collection, prioritization, classification, analysis, and sharing, in order to better defend against terrorist threats and/or attack and criminal activity. This position will support law enforcement investigations, facilitate multi-disciplinary partnerships, and create intelligence products and briefings for the Northern Virginia region.
Functional Responsibilities include:
• Facilitates the exchange of criminal, terrorism, critical infrastructure information and intelligence between the fusion centers and all law enforcement, public safety, homeland security partners, and private industry partners in the Northern Virginia region.
• Provides specialized intelligence and threat analysis and production support.
• Analyze multi-faceted data in order to show methods, trends, and patterns relating to the Northern Virginia region.
• Compile reports and undertake projects relating to criminal, terrorism, homeland security, cyber, or critical infrastructure issues as needed.
• Provides intelligence and threat analysis of the information that is tailored to the customer's requirements.
• Presents briefings to key personnel and external agencies and partners as designated by the customer.
• Accesses and perform research on designated automated intelligence databases based on analytic reasoning, and compile in-depth intelligence products in conjunction with completing projects relating to criminal activity, terrorism, cyber, or critical infrastructure and provide assistance for special projects in the fusion center as needed.
• Leverage various information technology tool sets/applications for the purpose of identifying information of interest to the customer, down-loading the identified information to an appropriate medium, and editing the information into format(s) to be specified by the customer while providing analyzed results in a report to respond to requests for information in a timely, efficient manner.
• Analyze data as a result of social media and open source searches
Successful candidates will possess the following:
• Knowledge of research and analysis techniques.
• Ability to effectively collect, analyze, summarize, interpret, and communicate information and technical data orally and in writing.
• Proficient knowledge of personal computers, Microsoft Office applications, and analytical application programs and software to produce GIS-based maps, text, tables, graphs, and charts.
• Proficient knowledge in open source research and analytical tools.
• Ability to apply critical thinking to diverse information sets and to produce logic-based analysis and recommendations on probable and potential trends and event outcomes.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate and complete files, manage multiple priorities, and follow oral and written instructions.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of personnel and representatives of other agencies and organizations.
• Demonstrated ability to work semi-independently, establish priorities, and achieve high level results with limited direct supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to create and provide intelligence briefings for all levels of personnel.
• Public safety experience or other broad scope governmental experience desired.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, federal security clearance at least at the Secret level, and successfully pass Fairfax County PD background check, including fingerprinting, drug screening, and polygraph examination.
• Candidates will be available to work any time between 0600 and 1800 hours, with availability to work adjusted hours on weekends or evenings for special events and critical incidents as needed.
• Candidates will work full time, 40 hours per week.
• Candidates will adhere to all Fairfax County Police Department General Orders and NVRIC policies and procedures.
• Familiarization with the following Systems, databases, and analytical tools desired: I2 Analyst Notebook, LEEP (Law Enforcement Enterprise Portal)/EGuardian, TrapWire, Palantir, TLO, and Clear.
• Prior Law Enforcement experience desired but not required.
• 6 years’ experience in intelligence and threat analysis.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and 6 years’ experience in intelligence and threat analysis to include criminal analytical training. Master’s Degree and 4 years of related intelligence experience. Preferred degree programs/fields of study include Social Science, Government, Business, and Criminal Justice.