full-time employee contract
The position provides Security Visitor Control, program security administration to include personnel and information security functions as needed and is responsible to the Chief of Security, for entry and circulation control and other administrative duties to assure visitors are greeted professionally and receive assistance as necessary.
Description of Duties: Duties will include but not limited to:
• Checks identification of all visitors, and ensures all are sponsored and properly cleared via JPAS or a local database
• Performs visitor control functions and determines visitor’s need to enter the building, logs visitors in, issues visitor badges and notifies hosts of visitor arrivals
• Ensures visitors are not introducing any prohibited items (cell phones, pagers, jump drives, PDAs, etc).
• Performs and/or assists government employees with inspecting bags and hand-carried items, verifying identity, entry control, posting signs on doors and other security requirements per normal and heightened security checklists.
• Receives packages from outside agencies (UPS, Fed Ex, etc) and notifies addressees to pick up packages at the front desk.
• Checks assigned personnel and ensures they have authorized access badges
• Ensure personnel are properly displaying authorized access badges
• Performs emergency procedures for bomb threat, active shooter, force protection, Anti-Terrorism, fire evacuation and follows all checklists.
• Accounts for all logs, instructions, equipment and badges at the beginning and end of each scheduled work day.
• Other normal personnel, information, program security and entry control functions.
• Must maintain a Top Secret/SCI eligibility
• Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and the appropriate DCIDs/JAFANs and other guiding policy documents.
• Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners�
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
• Prior experience in special program security work highly preferred, but willing to accept and train entry-level employee if otherwise qualified
• Applicant selected must be willing to submit to a CI polygraph
• Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet program eligibility requirements for special access programs to classified information
• Requires travel within the organizational geographic Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note - could be extensive, and will include both air and ground transportation)