Raytheon Information, Intelligence and Services headquartered in Dulles, VA provides a full spectrum of technical, scientific and professional services to its defense, federal, international, and commercial customers worldwide. It specializes in training, logistics, engineering, product support, and operational support services and solutions for the Mission Support, homeland security, space, civil aviation, counter proliferation and counterterrorism markets. Raytheon IIS operates on all seven continents. Raytheon IIS customers include all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces, NASA, the Federal Aviation Administration, the U.S. National Science Foundation, Department of Energy, the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, the Transportation Security Administration, and other agencies of the Department of Homeland Security, as well as international governments.
Job Description: RIIS is currently seeking candidates for Field Support Specialists to work with the Perimeter Intrusion Detection System (PIDS) program. This Field Specialist performs a wide variety of technical tasks in support of engineering, field support, major component installation, system test and integration, system troubleshooting, field operations, field maintenance and repair, and qualification of components to address parts obsolescence. The successful candidate will be responsible to test, troubleshoot, repair, maintain and installs a wide variety of electronics, including cameras, radar, fence sensors video analytics devices, video encoders, computer workstations, power supplies, uninterruptable power supplies, etc. In addition, the position is responsible to select, configure, and operates lab test equipment, observe, analyze, and report test data; and when appropriate make necessary repairs to equipment. The position will utilize various engineering and scientific drawings, manuals and other related documentation to support the performance. The position may assist in the development of procedures. The individual have a self-starter attitude and be capable of working independently after completion of training. The individual shall provide technician support in the lab and in the field related to the following activities:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Security camera systems installation, testing, integration, and troubleshooting
- Fence sensor systems installation, testing, integration, and troubleshooting
- Video encoder installation, testing, configuration, and calibration
- Modification, test, and/or troubleshooting of electronics conversion boxes at sensor poles
- Modification, test, and/or troubleshooting of node boxes
- Termination of test cables (RJ-45, BNC…etc.)
- Set up, build, or otherwise create specific test stations as needed in configuring, testing, or troubleshooting various electronic components
- Part obsolescence test, evaluation and data collection
- Liaison with airport operations, security operations, and PIDS program personnel
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Trained and certified to perform field termination and splicing of fiber optics.
- Knowledge/experience working with Windows computer systems.
- Setting up IP addresses, installing software, reviewing logs, installing Hard Drives, RAM etc...
- Experience troubleshooting and replacing circuit cards.
- Measuring voltages at test points.
- Proper handling techniques for electronic components.
- Field work experience required.
- Engineering evaluation testing and data collection
- General test equipment knowledge (volt meter, power supplies, inclinometers, GSP devices, etc.)
- Ability to read/interpret schematics, parts lists, assembly drawings, test procedures, Theory of Operation documents, requirements documents, etc.
- Ability to read/interpret operation and configuration manuals provided by vendors
- Understand and accomplish tasks through oral or written communication from engineers
- Ability to terminate video coax cables and serial interface cables (using RJ45 connectors)
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- Experience with MS Office products including Excel
- Candidates must possess a valid US Driver’s License.
Required Education (including Major):
- Ability to use the following test equipment:
- Meter Multi Meter
- OTDR ( Optical time-domain reflectometer)
- Effectively work in a virtual team environment
- Previous experience as an electrician
An AS Degree in a Technical Field with at least 6 years relevant experience is preferred OR High School with at least 10 years relevant experience. Relevant experience includes military experience and / or work on similar complex electronics equipment.Other Requirements: Individual must reside within one hour of JFK International airport and be willing to support rotational on-call schedule. Individual must be able to obtain a Port Authority SWACC clearance (Security), as well as SIDA badging on individual airports.Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.