Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services is looking for Talented System Engineer to join our M2C System Engineering team in Aurora, Colorado on our APEX contract.
Want to join a company that Stands Out among their competitors? At Raytheon, We Stand Out for a lot of reasons – and our employees are behind every one of them. Click here to find out what they have to say about the work we do and who we do it:
Raytheon’s Apex program is experiencing significant growth in capabilities including the addition of new ground terminals. This is an opportunity to experience a full development lifecycle of new capabilities from system requirements definition, Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR), system verification, and system deployment to CONUS and OCONUS locations. Opportunities exist in system engineering and design of custom developed software, COTS hardware solutions, control of RF hardware, and infrastructure across multiple security enclaves.
As a System Engineer, at either the system, subsystem or component level, you will contribute to a team of systems engineers in the accomplishment of engineering tasks in a development environment. The candidate will provide technical direction and clarification of requirements to software development teams, integration and test personnel; perform system engineering analyses including trade studies, requirements definition and derivation, interface definition, system architecture, and requirement validation and verification; supports definition of operations concepts and procedure planning / development, interfacing with personnel from other organizations; attend technical interchange meetings with other program personnel, and represents the organization in matters pertaining to the development of his/her project; provides document review and resolves technical systems engineering and integration issues. Must have the ability to manage time and resources in order to meet assigned deadlines.
Clearance Requirement: Must be a US Citizens with an existing SCI clearance with active SSBI
Required Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
• Bachelor degree and at least 2 years demonstrated engineering experience with proven track record
• Understanding of the SE lifecycle and change management process
• Experience with requirements analysis/management
• Understanding of functional decomposition, interface analysis and definition
• Proven ability to meet timelines
• Understanding of or experience in systems engineering functions including: operations concept development, requirements management, technical risk management, interface definition and control
• Existing SCI clearance with active SSBI
Desired Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills: (a plus but not required)
• Experience in Command and Telemetry, Mission Planning and/or Hardware Control
• Experience in an Agile or DevOps development environment
• Experience using Engineering Architect
• Understanding of DoDAF 2.0 architecture framework
• Knowledge of component level integration and test
• Knowledge of and experience working in DOORS
• Domain experience preferred
Bachelor degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).
Our facility in Aurora, CO offers amenities that create work and life balance. On site we have a 24/7 fitness facility, health center, cafeteria, collaboration rooms and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Click here to view a brief video and learn more:
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.