Raytheon Missile System is seeking a Supplier Quality (SQ) Engineer
Our Mission: Prevent. Protect. Improve
Raytheon Missile System’s Supplier Quality team drives process and technology supply base performance improvement through process control, metrics, audits/inspections, and the pursuit for zero escapes to Raytheon operations.
Raytheon is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 87 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services.
The Supplier Quality (SQ) Engineer serves as the RMS Quality interface providing support to assigned supply base.
The SQ Engineer will be the primary quality interface between RMS and its supply base.
This includes providing both communication of requirements and performance feedback to the suppliers, as well as being a conduit for Quality information back to internal functions within RMS. This position requires travel to the suppliers’ and sub tiers’ facilities, up to 60% of the time. Candidate must possess knowledge of the related manufacturing and quality processes.
This is a home-based assignment in Tucson, AZ with regular travel (local and US). RMS SQ Engineers are involved in all aspects of planning and executing production of a wide range of weapon systems, from tactical missiles to strategic defense products.
The SQ Engineer will analyze and assimilate multiple sources of data such as: process capability, audit findings, defect data, corrective actions, and supplier ratings/performance history, to identify and act on systemic issues within a supplier’s Quality Management System.
The Supplier Quality Engineer must also provide problem resolution, and conduct continuous improvement activities at suppliers’ facilities.
The Supplier Quality Engineer is a key player in Supplier performance and development.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
·monitor performance of assigned suppliers·analyze gaps to achieve 100% quality·collaborate with programs and suppliers to develop/execute performance improvement plans·perform product verification in accordance with applicable drawing and purchase order requirements·witness/verify product qualification, verify first article inspection in accordance with AS9102, conduct various audits/reviews·participate in risk mitigation and problem resolution while guiding suppliers to implement appropriate preventive and corrective actionsNote: This position can be a Salary Grade G09 (Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer II) or G10 (Principal Quality Assurance Engineer) based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the position requirements.
- Execute Supplier Assessments, First Article Inspections and validations
- Pre and Post Contract Award reviews to ensure compliance with Technical Data Packages
- On-site Source Surveillance and Corrective Action processing.
- Six (6) years related Quality, Supplier, Manufacturing, and related Engineering experience
- Competency and experience in a relevant technical discipline with understanding of engineering principles and design analysis techniques
- Demonstrated Ability to lead cross functional process improvement teams in failure analysis, root cause analysis, corrective and preventive actions and implement robust process controls
- Experience in supporting design and manufacturing processes
- Experience in development/usage of Quality metrics and the identification/institution of perceptive verifications
- Experience and knowledge of ISO 9001, AS9100, CMMI or Mission Assurance Provisions
- Experience with Six Sigma methodology and tools such as lean manufacturing and continuous improvement
- Hands on use of statistical process controls for process monitoring, qualification and/or design feedback
- Experience working with external suppliers and inspection techniques
- Ability to understand drawings, work instructions, Bill of Materials, consumable materials control, process disciplines and tool control
- Manufacturing process knowledge (assembly, inspection, test)
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance
- Eight (8) years related Quality, Supplier, Manufacturing, and related Engineering experience
- MS Engineering / Technical or MBA
- Six Sigma, Lean and / or American Society for Quality (ASQ) certifications
- Level 4 Mission Assurance Certification (Internal candidates)
- General knowledge of industry technical standards (such as ANSI, CMMI, ASTM, etc.)
- General knowledge of aerospace / defense products and systems technologies
- Proficient in the use of Pareto analysis, cause/effect diagrams, process mapping
- Experienced in Product/Process Failure Modes & Affects Analysis, Regression Analysis
- Knowledge of Measurement System Analysis and Design of Experiments
- Knowledge of Performance Specification and Requirements Management Practices
- Able to facilitate cross-functional teams in systematic improvement activities
- Strong leader that exhibits presence and influence
- Passionate, high-energy, self-starting team player who achieves goals and strives for continuous improvement
- Proven successes in building and maintaining relationships with multiple suppliers and customers (internal and external)
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work well with customers, suppliers, and in a team environment
- Ability to act independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of operational programs and factories and/or supplier health development
- Effective verbal and written communication and networking skills to work with upper management and customers
- Ability to comprehend and translate external and internal requirements into effective work instructions for various internal functions
Required Education (including Major):
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a DoD security clearance at a future date. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
Master’s Degree in a similar discipline preferred
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.