Raytheon Missile Systems: OUR MISSION: Prevent. Protect. Improve.
Raytheon Missile Systems is seeking a Operations Quality Factory Quality Manager
- DO you thrive as a leader in a diverse, fast paced, processed driven environment
- Is the opportunity to multitasking across skill and function part of what drives you?
- Can you excel at leading people from multiple functions towards a common goal?
Within Raytheon Missile Systems, the Operations Quality team provides leadership for integration and execution of Quality practices and processes in the Factory.
We serve as the prime Quality interface with Operations responsible for the guidance and support of all matters pertaining to Quality and continuous improvement in the factory.
The Operations Quality Factory Quality Manager will lead a team of Quality Engineers to analyze, control and improve product quality in an RMS internal factory through the following activities:
The ideal manager will have a passion for developing quality personnel, enabling individual contributors to become leaders. The Quality Manager will also act as project lead on functional continuous improvement activities.
- Create and execute strategic plans and innovative ideas to meet business objectives
- Reduce Defects while speeding up manufacturing time (Dedication towards Process Improvement and Efficiency.
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with key stakeholders across a program, function, or business
- Ensure appropriate staffing to meet the critical needs of the business
- Utilize factory and program quality metrics to lead and champion product quality improvement, defect reduction and elimination of escapes
- Manage Factory budgets in coordination with Operations and Product lines
- Drive the application of statistical process controls to special processes and key product characteristics to ensure factory processes meet end item performance requirements and mission assurance objectives
- Manage inspection supervisor and activities to ensure appropriate training, improve detection gates, and mitigate out of phase defects within a union environment
- Sustain continuous assessment of factory implementation of systems, policies, and procedures to ensure the highest standards of quality
- Systematically translate, analyze, and prioritize customer needs, legal and contractual requirements, and company policy and objectives into quality performance standards; analyze/validate measurement system capabilities;
- Analyze product performance using statistical methods to understand root cause and identify significant variances to predicted/targeted values
- Perform analysis of nonconformities to characterize causes and develop effective containment and elimination plans;
- Eight (8) years related Quality, Factory, and Manufacturing Engineering experience Manufacturing process knowledge (assembly, inspection, test)
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams in failure analysis, root cause analysis, corrective and preventive actions and implement robust process controls, and to lead process improvement teams
- Demonstrated experience in development/usage of Quality metrics and the identification/institution of perceptive verifications used to assess and prevent issues.
- Experience and knowledge of ISO 9001, AS9100, CMMI or Mission Assurance Provisions
- Experience with Six Sigma methodology and tools such as lean manufacturing and continuous improvement
- Hands on use of statistical process controls for process monitoring, qualification and/or design feedback
- Experience working with external suppliers and inspection techniques
- Ability to obtain secret clearance
- MS Engineering / Technical or MBA
- Six Sigma, Lean and / or American Society for Quality (ASQ) certifications
- Level 4 Mission Assurance Certification (Internal candidates)
- General knowledge of industry technical standards (such as ANSI, CMMI, ASTM, etc.)
- General knowledge of aerospace / defense products and systems technologies
- Proficient in the use of Pareto analysis, cause/effect diagrams, process mapping
- Experienced in Product/Process Failure Modes & Affects Analysis, Regression Analysis
- Knowledge of Measurement System Analysis and Design of Experiments
- Knowledge of Performance Specification and Requirements Management Practices
- Able to facilitate cross-functional teams in systematic improvement activities
- Strong leader that exhibits presence and influence
- Passionate, high-energy, self-starting team player who achieves goals and strives for continuous improvement
- Proven successes in building and maintaining relationships with multiple suppliers and customers (internal and external)
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work well with customers, suppliers, and in a team environment
- Ability to act independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of operational programs and factories and/or supplier health development
- Effective verbal and written communication and networking skills to work with upper management and customers
- Ability to comprehend and translate external and internal requirements into effective work instructions for various internal functions
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
Master’s Degree in a similar discipline preferred
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a DoD security clearance at a future date. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.