Raytheon Missile Systems is seeking a Quality Engineer II
OUR MISSION: Prevent. Protect. Improve.
Within Raytheon Missile Systems, the Operations Quality team provides leadership for integration and execution of Quality practices and processes in the Factory.
We serve as the prime Quality interface with Operations responsible for the guidance and support of all matters pertaining to Quality and continuous improvement in the factory.
Raytheon Missile Systems is seeking a Quality Engineer II to work within integrated teams to analyze, control and improve product quality by conducting the following activities:
· Systematically translate, analyze, and prioritize customer needs, legal and contractual requirements, and company policy and objectives into quality performance standards and operational definitions
· Facilitate corrective actions, closed loop process controls and continuous improvement methods to improve product/process predictability and capability
· Manage the interface and sell-off of products to downstream operations or end-item customer quality representatives
· Integrate performance and conformance verifications such as First Articles and
audits throughout value stream processes to prevent quality escapes, optimize through put and assure on-time delivery of products and services
· Assure clear identification, physical control and competent disposition of non-conformities
· Analyze/validate measurement system capability for accuracy, repeatability, reproducibility, and stability
Analyze product performance using statistical methods to understand root cause, identify significant variances to predicted/targeted values
· Performance analysis of nonconformities to: characterize causes as routine (common) or exceptional (special); and develop effective containment and elimination plans
· Predict quality of products/services, processes and other key work system elements using historical, empirical and/or theoretical data in operational and statistical models
Note: This position can be a Salary Grade G07 (QA Engineer II) or Salary Grade G08 (Senior QA Engineer I) based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.