Raytheon is looking for an experienced Computer Hardware Engineer with an active TS/SCI clearance and polygraphResearch, design, develop, and test computer or computer-related equipment for commercial, industrial, military, or scientific use. May supervise the manufacturing and installation of computer or computer-related equipment and components. Exclude "Computer Software Engineers, Applications" and "Computer Software Engineers, Systems Software". Hardware refers to computer chips, circuit boards, computer systems, and related equipment such as keyboards, modems, and printers.
Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities:· Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan layout, including type of computers and peripheral equipment modifications.
· Test and verify hardware and support peripherals to ensure that they meet specifications and requirements, analyzing and recording test data.
· Update knowledge and skills to keep up with rapid advancements in computer technology.
· Write detailed functional specifications that document the hardware development process and support hardware introduction.
Top Secret clearance with polygraph is required.
· Requires a minimum of six (6) years of experience
Required Education (including Major): Bachelors Degree in Technical / IT related field
General professional years of experience may be substituted for specialized years of experience at a ratio of three (3) years of general experience within an occupation for one (1) year of specialized experience. Relevant certifications will be considered equivalent to three (3) months of specialized experience. A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill.
· An Associate’s degree will be considered equivalent to eighteen (18) months specialized experience.
· A Bachelor’s degree will be considered equivalent to three (3) years specialized experience (total equivalency is not cumulative when combined with an Associate’s degree).
· A Master’s degree will be considered equivalent to two (2) years specialized experience (up to a total of five (5) years when combined with a Bachelor’s).
· A will be considered equivalent to two (2) years specialized experience (up to a total of seven (7) years when combined with a Master’s and a Bachelor’s).IISVA092419 133539
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.